Could my 8.10 Catalyst driver cause this?

keyter

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I would love to benchmark my machine with different CPU speeds, but my 3D mark 05 AND 06 will not run. It installs successfuly, but when I start the app, the opening screen just hangs, even if I leave it for 30 min. Not Responding. Before I load Catalyst 8.8 or 8.9, could it be my graphic drivers (8.10), or might the problem be somewhere else? Do other 8.10 users have isues with 3D Mark?

If you are saying that you updated to 8.10 drivers and then an aplication/program that didnt haev any issues before ha sstarted acting up then yes i would say it could well b eth edrivers that are doing it,especially if it work sok when you re install older drivers. I had a set of drivers once that wouldnt let my PC boot.

Mactronix

Can you give us a full spec list, include PSU please. It could still be the drivers, I have known a bad download to cause issues as well. Other things to check that come to mind are that the RAM has enough voltage. I purchased Patriot ram for my last build and it was a bit unstable as it wanted 2.2 Volts and 1.8 is what they get as standard.
Anyway post the list and we can go from there.

Mactronix

keyter

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Hi. I appreciate all the help I can get.

I haven't installed older drivers yet, as I do not want to mess with the drivers if its not necessary.

Biostar TF570Sli
AMD 5400+ BE + CoolerMaster Hyper TX2 cooler
OCZ DDR2-1066 2x1G Reaper
Sapphire HD4870 1G
Corsair TX650W
Samsung Spinmaster(?) 250G HDD
WinXP SP2 32bit
Samsung 22" Wide (2232GW) 1680x1050

That should cover it. Also, one of the temps in my FanSpeed app shows 127? Surely that cannot be correct? I think it's the temp of the NorthBridge. I have a Thermalright HR05 cooler on there, so It cant be. Can I try some other software (any recommendations?) or might the sensor be messed up. In my POST, my "system temp" is fine, like 35 or so.