Multiple RAID arrays? (M4A97T delux)

Tags:
  • NAS / RAID
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows XP
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
March 11, 2010 5:43:37 PM

Hey i've had an ASUS m4a97t duelux for the past few months (love it) and recently order two more hard drives. I was planning on putting them on a RAID 0 array, in addition to the RAID 0 array that i'm already using for OS/applications.

When i went to install it everything went fine and my raid utility told me it was functional, but when i booted up win7 it was missing (only my XP partition and win7 partition showed). Booted up XP and the same thing, no 1tb hd =[

Does this motherboard not support multiple raid arrays?

If it does support multiple raid arrays, is there something i dont know about? (I've never had more than one raid on a system)

I'm going to search around the bios for a setting, and thanks in advance to any one who replies

More about : multiple raid arrays m4a97t delux

March 11, 2010 6:10:25 PM

I'm a fool and just forgot to allocate the space lol
m
l
March 12, 2010 4:53:55 AM

Hi, I'm facing exactly the same issue with a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD6.
I have configured the second volume, and it indeed appears at boot time. However, Win 7, already installed on first volume when new disks were added doesn't see the second volume.
What do you mean by allocating the lol?
Thanks,

Bruno
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
March 12, 2010 8:41:54 AM

When you buy a new hard disk you need to initialized it before using it. On raid their is a key (CTRL T - mm pls check your mobo manual on this) then set that hard disk. After you booted up on windows right click on computer then click on manage, on disk management - format that new drive.
m
l
March 12, 2010 9:55:06 AM

brown399 said:
I'm a fool and just forgot to allocate the space lol

Hi, I'm facing exactly the same issue with a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD6.
I have configured the second volume, and it indeed appears at boot time. However, Win 7, already installed on first volume when new disks were added doesn't see the second volume.
What do you mean by allocating the space lol?
Thanks,

Bruno
m
l
!