Sign in with
Your question

Limited or no conectivity

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 28, 2009 8:37:58 PM

Ok, here's the deal. I recently bought a new laptop (sony viao) and I've been having issues with the internet conection.

When I tried it for the first time I was in a hotel and I couldn't connect to the wireless network, it just said "limited or no conectivity", altough my dad's laptop did not have any problems conecting to the hotel's wifi.

We took it to best buy and the guy just selected the store's network and it worked just fine.

When we got back home, my dad's laptop worked perfectly but mine couldn't connect to the wireless network, everytime it just said that it had "limited or no conectivity".

When the laptop is plugged in to the router I can browse the web normaly, but I cannot get internet tru the wireless network.

Also, i don't know if it is important but It says that the wireless conection has "sent" packages but hasn't recieved any.

Please, any help will be very much appreciated, I've been searching through a lot of forums but haven't been able to find out what's really going on :( 

More about : limited conectivity

October 1, 2009 6:52:45 PM

Ok, do you use the windows wireless network configurator, or the Smart Wifi program that came with the computer?
m
l
!