Recomended OC for XFX GTS 250

requiemcz

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Hey everybody, I am new around here, but have been using the site for most of my computer questions.

I have an XFX GeForce GTS 250 1GB video Card. I was wondering what the potential overclocking ability of this card would be on air cooling. will be getting a GPU cooler soon enough. using Antec 900 case as stock cooling for now though. runs at 38 degrees idle at the moment.

Thank you :)

Solution
That card runs cool regardless, the only issues is that it is loud at 80-100% fan speed. The stock cooler is fine, no need for aftermarket even if you OC.

The GTS 250 1Gb is not a major overclocker so make sure you monitor temps once you decide to bump up the clocks...

What software are you using for the overclock? I have a 250 @ 803/1204/1878 ... hope this helps.....
That card runs cool regardless, the only issues is that it is loud at 80-100% fan speed. The stock cooler is fine, no need for aftermarket even if you OC.

The GTS 250 1Gb is not a major overclocker so make sure you monitor temps once you decide to bump up the clocks...

What software are you using for the overclock? I have a 250 @ 803/1204/1878 ... hope this helps.....

Solution

requiemcz

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
I thought this card would be a great overclocker, it is, but i suppose not as good as i had thought, thank you for your help. thats exactly what i was looking for. :)

Well it is a beefed up 9800GT/GTX, and it is 1GB for that extra bit of power needed at higher resolutions. The GTS 250 is a superb GPU for the price, if you want more GPU power get yourself a board that can do SLI and buy a second 250. In a few months current Nvidia cards will come down in price once the 300 series launches.