stargate-extreme

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
Hi all.

I have recently build a new system all new expect for my PSU and motherboard. I'm having a problem with the system crashing. First crash was when I was testing out Nexuiz on linux, I maxed out the settings, worked great for about a minuet then it died.

I tried to run Vista which ran fine until I installed the nvidia drivers then it gets artifacts and freezes. The artifacts look like lots of green space invaders... Then it continued to crash in the first couple of minuets of being on.

So back in linux, it crashes as soon as I run GLXgears. However its stopped doing that now. So I put back back on nexuiz and put it on basic settings and same 5 secounds in, gone.

It is idling at 45 C core and 32 ambient. No idea what happens to temp when game is running though, but glxgears only raises it 1 C so i dont think its a heat thing. Cpu temp in bios is 31 C.

This is my system

Q6600
GT8800
P5K
Hi all.

I have recently build a new system all new expect for my PSU and motherboard. I'm having a problem with the system crashing. First crash was when I was testing out Nexuiz on linux, I maxed out the settings, worked great for about a minuet then it died.

I tried to run Vista which ran fine until I installed the nvidia drivers then it gets artifacts and freezes. The artifacts look like lots of green space invaders... Then it continued to crash in the first couple of minuets of being on.

So back in linux, it crashes as soon as I run GLXgears. However its stopped doing that now. So I put back back on nexuiz and put it on basic settings and same 5 secounds in, gone.

It is idling at 45 C core and 32 ambient. No idea what happens to temp when game is running though, but glxgears only raises it 1 C so i dont think its a heat thing. Cpu temp in bios is 31 C.

This is my system

Q6600
GT8800
P5K
Hi all.

This is my system

Q6600
GT8800
P5K
Corsair 8500 1G x2

Now the one thing that does not live up to the rest of the standards, ez cool 450W. I'm reading around that they are crap.

Question is, is this a doggy GPU that I need to return or could something else be the problem? Thanks in advance for any advice, greatly apphreciated!

stargate-extreme

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
I have no idea why it has repeated like that, can't seem to edit it, or delete it.

Heres edited version, read this instead, less confusing.

Hi all.

This is my system

Q6600
GT8800
P5K
Corsair 8500 1G x2

Now the one thing that does not live up to the rest of the standards, ez cool 450W. I'm reading around that they are crap.

Question is, is this a doggy GPU that I need to return or could something else be the problem? Thanks in advance for any advice, greatly apphreciated!