Planning to builld a Intel i7 system!!

Matt87

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
Just when I thought I had my system planned out! The Intel i7 cpu comes out which will be released in November.

So I am trying to plan what I will need for this upcoming release. I'm possibly planning to wait a few weeks before I buy but may not.

I already know I Need a x58 motherboard but not quite sure what company is the best + not sure what model cpu to get.

Was thinking Bloomsfield (XE) 3.2GHZ. Feedback is always appreciated :) I have a budget of 2900$

Matt87

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008

what mobo should I get? Was thinking "Asus" type, also I herd oc is now different with these new cpus

You want advise about which CPU and MB to buy, when they have not yet been released, reviewed, benchmarked, and the prices are mostly conjecture and rumor?

Matt87

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008

Will we already know a few companies are releasing x58 mobos, im simply asking what brand you guys would most likely choose if you had to pick one.

Considering some companies have a better reputation on quality then others. This doesn't mean im going to buy them once they come out. I just want to know what companies through the years have been reliable.

So I get a better idea on what one maybe I should choose. Like I said may be getting it right when it comes out..
"Not sure though" :bounce:

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007

Gigabyte used to have low quality boards (wanna say 2004 to 2005 high failure ratings lots of popped capacitors), Asus used to have high quality but low priced boards. Now you pay a big premium for Asus boards and they have a higher failure rating. Gigabyte's quality really improved the price is good to for the capabilites. You can't tell which company is gonna make a lemon and which is gonna make gold.

Matt87

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008

Yeah so far I have only herd good things about the Asus x48 mobo.

I'm planning to get the x58 mobo targeted for "enthusiast" people. Which well cost like you said around 500$

But how I see it is you can build a high end computer all at once then wont have to upgrade it for a long time.

Sure in 6 months or a year the parts will be a lot cheaper but who cares? It well still perform very good for a long time to come.

Not to mention a less hassle to keep upgrading your comp. Since software takes a lot longer to keep up with current hardware. As of right now dual cores are still mainstream!

Matt87

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008

Ill agree Gigabytes mobo are good :sol: