Screensaver wont activate in windows 7

Louise Fair

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
I have just had windows 7 put on my computer but I can't get the screensaver to come on after the designated time. Could you help me with this problem. I don't want to have to turn off the monitor light everytime I am away from the computer. Thank you. Louise Fair

Hi Louise,

For the sake of power savings, I would ditch the screensaver, and instead set Windows 7 to put your monitor in standby automatically after X number of minutes. This can be done by simply setting the screensaver to None, and then adjusting your power options to turn the monitor off after, lets say, 10 minutes. Over the course of a year, you will actually see a difference on the power bills...

Louise Fair

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009

My screensaver will come on now OK but I still want to know why a screensaver I purchased on the internet called Planet quest won't automate the background on each frame the way it should. However I have written and asked 3d wonders about it but they haven't answered. I have had this particular screensaver for several years. It does come up that I should get the latest video card but it appears that I have the most update one...You probably can't answer that question I don't imagine. thank you. Louise Fair