Sign in with
Your question

Windows XP volume control problems

Last response: in Windows XP
March 13, 2011 3:30:08 PM

Hello, I have Windows XP and I was listening to music at a very low volume. I left the room and the volume control went up to full volume. I turned it down and watched as it climbed back to full volume. I adjusted it twice more with the same results. So I hit mute. I haven't had this happen before or since. Any ideas how this could possibly happen?
March 13, 2011 9:06:55 PM

depends on if you were listening to streaming media, or otherwise. Internet players can be controlled over the internet, player turning itself up is not unheard of, yahoo does that all the time.
Player installed in the computer, that is not streaming over the internet should remain steady.
m
l
March 20, 2011 1:43:45 PM

soundguruman said:
depends on if you were listening to streaming media, or otherwise. Internet players can be controlled over the internet, player turning itself up is not unheard of, yahoo does that all the time.
Player installed in the computer, that is not streaming over the internet should remain steady.

Thanks, Soundguruman. I was listening to steaming music from Napster. The odd thing is, 3 times it turned itself back up to high after I tried lowering it. And I played the same song again without any volume issues. Is the volume control problem with streaming music random and not necessarily tied to a particular song? Thanks again.
m
l
!