shovenose

Distinguished
Is a thicker sata cable better? Does it even matter? Is it a large difference between one that feels/looks thicker and one that feels/looks thinner and cheaper? Thanks

Solution
There's a difference between internal and external SATA (vs. eSATA) cables - the external cables are shielded and together with the slightly boosted voltages this relaxes the length restriction.

If you compare two internal cables, they *should* both perform equivalently. But if one is obviously flimsier that the other then it may not be as robust. I personally like my cables to at least *look* like they'll hold up under duress.
There's a difference between internal and external SATA (vs. eSATA) cables - the external cables are shielded and together with the slightly boosted voltages this relaxes the length restriction.

If you compare two internal cables, they *should* both perform equivalently. But if one is obviously flimsier that the other then it may not be as robust. I personally like my cables to at least *look* like they'll hold up under duress.

Solution