Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Bios Guide

Last response: in Overclocking
January 23, 2010 12:28:35 PM

Anyone have a basic guide to OCing p6t deluxe 920 i7 6gb corsair 1600 ?
very difficult to find anywhere.

(refer only to the question)
Thanks

More about : bios guide

a c 293 K Overclocking
January 23, 2010 4:21:48 PM

I think that the following link can help you.

1- Here

2- Here

3- Here

I think that with those 3 links is enough to OC you i7-920
Score
Related resources
January 23, 2010 6:24:06 PM

saint19 said:
I think that the following link can help you.

1- Here

2- Here

3- Here

I think that with those 3 links is enough to OC you i7-920

what does 2 and 3 have to do with this? and what has number one got to do with p6t deluxe?
Score
a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2010 8:24:40 PM

@ james67

You are aware the link you've been given has like 15 pages of information are you not?

This is the same info you were given last thread and asking the same thing over again isn't likely to change the answer much. ;) 
Score
a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2010 8:27:10 PM

LoneWolf_53 said:
@ james67

You are aware the link you've been given has like 15 pages of information are you not?

This is the same info you were given last thread and asking the same thing over again isn't likely to change the answer much. ;) 

Oh, that would explain it....he doesnt know how to go to the next page! hahaha :lol: 
Score
a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2010 8:50:47 PM

overshocked said:
Oh, that would explain it....he doesnt know how to go to the next page! hahaha :lol: 

Well to be honest that was what I seriously thought when he said the link was no good in the last thread that was locked.....
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256560-29-bios-guide-...
Score
January 24, 2010 12:12:07 AM

LoneWolf_53 said:
@ james67

some folks just dont learn the 1st time !
Score
January 24, 2010 12:14:13 AM

There should be a corse for common sense how to answer the question that was given and not, make your own answer to your own idea of what you think the question should be...
Score
a b K Overclocking
January 24, 2010 12:15:18 AM

LoneWolf_53 said:
Well to be honest that was what I seriously thought when he said the link was no good in the last thread that was locked.....
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256560-29-bios-guide-...

james67 said:
some folks just dont learn the 1st time !

What is it that we arn't learning? [:lectrocrew:1]

Were trying to help you, so dont start insulting us...

To me it seems that you are the one that isn't learning.
Score
January 24, 2010 12:15:46 AM

LoneWolf_53 said:
@ james67

go back and re read the question a number of times until it clicks in ...try that
Score
a b K Overclocking
January 24, 2010 12:16:56 AM

True that overshocked! :D 

james perhaps you should just go buy yourself the fastest most expensive PC you can get and then you won't have to worry about optimizing settings yourself or reading up on what you own.

Talk about lazy!!!!
Score

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
January 24, 2010 12:22:00 AM

james67 said:
Anyone have a basic guide to OCing p6t deluxe 920 i7 6gb corsair 1600 ?
very difficult to find anywhere.

(refer only to the question)
Thanks

Ok james, im going to give you a little piece of information.....

Overclocking takes alot of time and is very precise. It is something that you need to find out. Ive been overclocking a very very long time and have learned alot about it. One of the first things you learn is that nobody makes a guide to your specific hardware.

You have to use a guide that is about i7 overclocking and change the things that they tell you to change in your bios. You are being very difficult, it seems people have told you this before and you refuse to accept the fact that THERE IS NO GUIDE specific to your hardware. The best anyone can do is give you general guides to overclocking and have you transfer the information over.

Like when they say "change the base clock" you go into your bios and change the base clock. Its not that hard.
a b K Overclocking
January 24, 2010 12:34:10 AM

So you expect there to be specific guides for these as well?

1) p6t deluxe 920 i7 6gb corsair 1600
2) p6t deluxe 920 i7 6gb G.Skill 1600
3) p6t deluxe 940 i7 12gb OCZ 1337
4) GA-X58-UD5 975 i7 3gb ACME 1234

Come on man, there are innumerable hardware configurations, and nobody has the time or money to write a guide for every single one when many times the only thing that will change are the names of the menus :heink:  There's a very good reason why it's difficult to find what you want anywhere.
Score
January 24, 2010 12:37:52 AM

LoneWolf_53 said:
True that overshocked! :D 

james perhaps you should just go buy yourself the fastest most expensive PC you can get and then you won't have to worry about optimizing settings yourself or reading up on what you own.

Talk about lazy!!!!

dont spam my thread !
Score
January 24, 2010 12:38:55 AM

overshocked said:
Ok james, im going to give you a little piece of information.....

Overclocking takes alot of time and is very precise. It is something that you need to find out. Ive been overclocking a very very long time and have learned alot about it. One of the first things you learn is that nobody makes a guide to your specific hardware.

You have to use a guide that is about i7 overclocking and change the things that they tell you to change in your bios. You are being very difficult, it seems people have told you this before and you refuse to accept the fact that THERE IS NO GUIDE specific to your hardware. The best anyone can do is give you general guides to overclocking and have you transfer the information over.

Like when they say "change the base clock" you go into your bios and change the base clock. Its not that hard.

go back reread the question a number of times until it clicks in..as well
Score
a b K Overclocking
January 24, 2010 12:43:57 AM

randomizer said:
So you expect there to be specific guides for these as well?

1) p6t deluxe 920 i7 6gb corsair 1600
2) p6t deluxe 920 i7 6gb G.Skill 1600
3) p6t deluxe 940 i7 12gb OCZ 1337
4) GA-X58-UD5 975 i7 3gb ACME 1234

Come on man, there are innumerable hardware configurations, and nobody has the time or money to write a guide for every single one when many times the only thing that will change are the names of the menus :heink:  There's a very good reason why it's difficult to find what you want anywhere.

I think this guy has anger managment or sunthin.... hes been doing this ever since he started posting on THF....either that, or he think this is the way people talk to each other when they are requesting help.

Check this out: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/255401-29-tomshardwar...
Score
a b K Overclocking
January 24, 2010 1:10:26 AM

Oh yes, I remember that. Well to answer the original question of this thread directly: No, nobody does.
Score
a c 235 K Overclocking
January 24, 2010 2:21:51 PM

Best answer selected by 4ryan6.
Score
!