Help with GA-MA78GM-DS3H rev. 1

trents

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
Anybody out there running a GA-MA78GM-DS3H rev. 1? I'm having trouble with it being unstable in dual channel mode after installing an X3 8750 black edition. Also, the voltages, both dimm and cpu, and temps, both CPU and NB seem higher than they should be. For example, if I set the cpu voltage to 3.0 in bios speed fan and cpu-z both report it to be 3.33 at idle. Also, NB temps are reported to be in 90C at idle. Cant be! When I put that same cpu and memory in a cheap 740G based Foxconn board with a wimpier cpu cooler the voltage reported by hardware monitoring utilities matches what I set it in bios and the reported cpu temps are considerably cooler. Also, I'm wondering what the differences are between rev. 1 an rev. 2 for this board. Rev. 1 seems a little flaky to me. I'm considering an RMA.

Roger_62

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Trent,

My wife has the rev 1.0 and I am using a rev. 2.0. Her system will crash unexpectedly with some data loss. My rev 2.0 board will also crash when I insert USB front panel devices. Giga-Byte has not responded to my inquiries which were submitted 2-10-2009 and today, 2-23-2009.

While I am impressed with the dual BIOS capability and the @BIOS program, the boards don't seem to be reliable.