Tritton Axpro 5.1 Headphones + X-Fi Titanium Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Hello, First time post.... W00T!

Ok, so I've been trying to find some support for my problems on the various search engines, but I cant seem to find anything that helps me at all.
So I figured i would come to you people as my last resort.

I have a set of Tritton Axpro 5.1 Headphones coupled with a Creative X-fi Titanium Sound Card. The problem is that I am getting some really terrible music play out of the headphones. High pitched noises, cracking.. I cant even listem to some songs because the headphones hurt my damn ears so bad, Then I play a Game.. for example Unreal Tournement and everything is perfect. Perfect directional sounds with clean noises/game music all around.

I have a Older Logitech 4.1 Speaker Setup. Its the 500watt speaker set that logitech was selling before they upgraded to the z-5500 's
When i listen to music through My regular speakers. Music is perfect and clear.

Ive screwed around with my speaker setting so much and nothing seems to work. Im not sure if I should get a RMA and see if my headphones are just flawed somehow.

I Apoligize is this is submitted in the wrong section.

H4wQ

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I'm having the exact same problem. I've been dealing with this for weeks and just today (wish I read your post first) bought a x-fi titanium to replace my x-fi platinum since a lot of people are having crackling issues with x-fi and vista 64-bit so I automatically assumed I was having the same problem, which the titanium being pci-e is supposed to fix. Now I install the titanium and its still doing it, waste of damn money buying this card, free x-fi platinum for my gf now though. Came on now searching for my problem related to the axpro and not x-fi and found your post.

I seem to have found a solution, sorta.

Seems kind of unacceptable but I guess it doesn't really matter, try turning down your system volume to 50% then just turn up the volume up on the axpros, seems to completely eliminate the crackling sound.

For you is it 100x worse when you turn the crystalizer on too?

H4wQ

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
If anyone has the same problem as us could you please post to let us know, even if you've found this fixes the problem. Personally I'd like to know if everyone else is having this problem as well or if our headphones need to be replaced.

Heretic

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Hey, wow.. i didnt think anyone else would have the same problem I have.

YES the crystalization setting makes things 10 times worse.. makes my ears bleed.

I have since uninstalled my drivers and downloaded new drivers from the Creative site.
it seems to have solved most of the really bad problems but im still not happy with my headphone performance.

Im really begging to feel like I made a mistake buying 5.1 surround sound headphones. Ive never really used simulated surround sound but I am hearing that simulated is just as good if not better with a nice set of real headphones that have real sound quality.

Maybe its just my set of headphones but im really disapointed in the headphones.

H4wQ

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I don't think its the headphones fault, my guess is its a compatibility issue between creative and tritton, when I used onboard audio they worked perfectly fine, cept onboard audio sucks and I wanted my x-fi back.

G

I recently bought a pair of the AXPro's and noticed the same problem. By any chance were you using the fiber optical line to connect your headphone's to your x-fi? 'Cause if you were then you might need to access your digital output sampling rate inside x-fi's control panel or drivers and change it from 96KHz to 48KHz the problem seems to have went away for me when I did this switch.

See if it works, Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.