raplips

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Ok so it basically goes like this...
Im building a new pc for my bro and decided to take the cpu fan off after inserting two its pins allready because the two others werent aligned with the holes, the motherboard is the evga 750i ftw and the cpu is an intel quadcore... anyways when i tried puting the fan in again i put alot of pressure in and it wouldnt go in, i didnt know that u had to twist the pin and pull it back to put the fan back again, and while is exerted that force the mobo was bending like a piece of paper... anyways i havent fnished building the computer yet but i was wondering, if it turns on and its looks like it works fine, could it be working a little bit slower than it would or just not function like it should (ex temperature). Or is it more like a "if it works it works, if it doesn't it don't".
I know its kind of an obsessional questions, but im a perfectionist, and i want everything to work at its full potential. Tell me what u think!

Welcome to the forums!

Next time put a roll of shipping tape underneath the motherboard. I do not know why they don't put this in the instructions. It prevents the motherboard from flexing too much.
I think you are okay. Unless solder came off or broke, you should be fine.