Sign in with
Your question

Trouble getting Quadro FX 1500 to work with GeForce 9800 GTX

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 5, 2008 6:36:05 AM

Evening all,

I've been running my Quadro FX 1500 in parallel with a BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC for quite a while now without any issues. This allowed me to both run games and run SolidWorks in full hardware acceleration. I have a monitor hooked up to each card.

Today, however, my trusty 7800 crapped out on me. BFG is doing the RMA, but is not going to be sending me a 7800 as it is way obsolete. So, for reason my own, I went out and got a new BFG GeForce 9800 GTX+ and installed it. Now, my games run even better, but I cannot get the hardware acceleration in SolidWorks to work. Even worse, when I drag the SW window over onto my second monitor, which is liked to the Quadro, it can't even render a single frame. The previous incarnation with the 7800 would keep full hardware rendering going in both monitors.

I have danced Forceware drivers with both GeForce (175.16, 178.24, 178.31) and Quadro (169.96, 176.04), trying the Quadro with both the Quadro OR GeForce drivers. The original working system used 178.31 for the GeForce 7800, and 169.96 for the Quadro.

Frankely, I'm stumped. I can see if maying it's a hardware issue with the new card not communicating with the Quadro, but if the window is in the Quadro's domain, it should take over the rendering, right?

Specs:
ASUS P5E (I know it's an ATI board with an Intel chipset, but no SLI is being run)
Core2 Duo E8400
4 GB DDR2 800
BFG GeForce 9800 GTX+
PNY Quadro FX 1500

I appreciate any input. I've found virtually nothing useful yet in the forums.

-Syn
November 5, 2008 12:56:25 PM

Bump.
November 11, 2008 3:25:29 PM

Come on... anyone?
November 12, 2008 2:28:19 PM

Alright! Go interweb! There's nothing like being able to find the answers to almost every question one has on the internet, then running into something so devious and confusing that it is nye imposible to figure out. So, seeing the countless other posts of people asking questions and getting help, one takes the plunge and posts for help.

Then, sitting back and waiting for days as the post moves down the list, dismay builds as that post is quickly replaced by other posts which are carbon-copy repeats of "my drivorz dont wurk! HELPZ!" and "how do I install my card?" which have been asked and answered more times than there are atoms in the universe.

Seriously... two people frequent and post on these bloody forums; those who are too stupid to figure something out on their own and do a little research, and those who have mediocre abilities but want to make themselves feel superior by telling a noob how to do stuff they should have figured out with one single Google search and a couple of clicks but then hide and ignore any post which might make them look less inteligent than they think they are.

Keep up the good work guys, nublets.
!