Confused and can't get help..WoW issue's with video card.

defelis03

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Hello all,

Omg i am gonna lose my mind tonight. I have 2 9600 GTOC from BFG. I am an avid gamer so i thought those would be great card's to use for gameing. I can play every mmo to date. Tabula rasa....Wow Sorta.... EQ2..EQ1..etc etc etc

OK here's my problem...In the games i can play all nite till i load WOW...talk'd to there professional's....and i can't track down my problem...it freezes in the middle of something or i can be running or just in the auction house doing nada and BAM it freezes... I can log into any other mmo and be FINE like forever just in WOW does it freeze makes me wanna scream....NO jokeing wow said to delete the WTF file in there folder that should fix it......uh NO if anyone can help me figure out my issue i'll be eternally gratefull. PS my LAptop does not have any issue's running wow JUSt my desktop..so it's not my internet connection.

hacker91

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
its not the SLI we need full system specs. to help better. We know you are frustrated and thats fine but bear with us and give more information

Thanks

It may not be an SLI problem and likely its not.
But running with 1 card at a time lets you know immediately if you have a problem with 1 of your video cards, or if you can rule them out and start looking elsewhere.

defelis03

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Hacker91 let me know what info you need and i will supply it. Not yet as i haven't been playing Wow until lately. But will run 1 card at a till in the next few day's and see how it goes.

olddman

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
There is a good thread about this in 'overclocking'. When blizzard came out with the latest patch they added some shaders and such that over powers a single core CPU. If you might have noticed, with a single core CPU, it's running at 100%; even when you minimise it, 100% of usage. My kernal usage was even running between 85%. and 97%.

I'm replying to this before I know what CPU your using so all this may not apply to you. Also, I'm not a tech or anything so I can't really explain the why of it. I'm just relaying some info that I have read on other threads.

If you have a single core CPU, then try this:

while in the game , type:
/console maxfps 0 then enter
/console maxfpsbk 0 then enter

this helped me a lot and did stable out the game play somewhat, but until the exp pack comes out and Blizzard stabilises their servers, I thnk most of us will continue to have stability problems with the game.

hope this helps

hacker91

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
CPU
Mainboard and chipset info
memory type amount
we know the GFX
PSU brand and wattage amps on 12V rails etc

This could just be a corrupted driver( im suspecting )
Could be some strange chipset/GFX incompatibility when utilizing Direct X in WoW.

I play wow on a C2D E4300@ 3.0ghz 333fsb
single 8800GT OC by BFG Oced further to 700/975 average 100+ fps and no lock ups.

I use a enermax Noisetaker2 600W PSU with 36 Amps on the 12V rails.
The info will just help us determine if it might be a lack of power etc.

defelis03

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
AMD X2 6000 3.0 cpu
Dual 9600 GTOC
pc 6400 single 1 gig stick's total 4 gig's
250 gig seagate hdd
gotta look at the board to fig the rest out ain't done that in a while.