GA-MA78GM-S2HP and Antec Veris Fusion

rranjan7

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Hello,

After doing lots of research for my new media PC, I bought Gigabyte's MA78GM-S2HP motherboard and now I am stuck.

The motherborad won't POST. I installed CPU (Athlon X2 5200+) and OCZ PC2 6400
2 Gig memory on this board but the board won't POST. I took the memory out and tried, but nothing comes up. The CPU fan rotates but I hear or see nothing on screen.

I did see few posts that this board does not work with Veris case as it has only 430 Watts power supply. Is this true?

bilbat

Splendid
It IS only 430 watts, but that should be plenty - there isn't room in a Veris to put much watt-sucking &^%$ at all; how is your video connected? If you're trying to use HDMI, I believe you'll have to start out with VGA or DVI to load the drivers, before you can 'talk' HDMI...

rranjan7

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Yes, I tried using both VGA and DVI. Did not even touch HDMI but could not get any video. I tried powering up the motherboard without CPU and memory sticks to see if I could get any signal but nothing showed up on the screen.

My final verdict was maybe the motherboard was DOA. As soon as I get a replacement, I will try again and see what happens.

bilbat

Splendid
BTW, please keep me apprised of your progress - I am considering a couple of similar nachines, based on the Veris, and am doing preliminary h'ware/s'ware evaluations on my workstation; have had very good luck so far with both the Hauppage HVR-2250, and the HDHomeRun; am set up for two tuners of cable/NTSC, an OTA/ATSC, and a cable/QAM; first HDHR took a crap at about three weeks, was RMAd in one week, and is cooking again; except for the 'infant mortality, it's an amazing device - plug 'er in somewhere in the basement, give 'er a DHCP reservation, and MAGIC - two channels of full house access. Have to run TV-pack to use all the tuners, which has its own troubles, but am betaing s'ware to post-process WTV files as we speak... I am particularly interested in how the IR receiver for the remote works out for you; am playing with a Logi 550, but haven't even gotten it to work as well as the junk MCE remote included with the HVR so far... If I'm not floating around here, I can be reached at 'bilbat'@wi.rr,com (quotes and comma to help prevent web crawler IDs... ;=)

rranjan7

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Just to let everyone know, that everything works fine with the new board.But the bottom bottom line is, it is very tricky to set up Antec Veris.
I am running Vista Ultimate (32 bit) and everything works fine.