Ram/Motherboard/or video card damaged?? Monitor dont work

My Pc work perfectly fine till 2 nights ago when i try to change the memory card to different set, but i miss up first 2 time forcing the motherboard which i put the long side on the wrong side and the tower make a big "CAAAAKKKAACAAAKK" sound dont know which one it come from. After that when i turn on the monitor dont work says "no input signal" had try with differnt ram (got 4 total) and reset the video card but none work.

So do u think it caused by video card?? if so im going to buy a new one but give me suggestion if tthis one is decent for a gamer

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4042983&Sku=G458-9500
3 answers Last reply
More about motherboard video card damaged monitor dont work
  1. It sounds like you may have killed your motherboard. Are the fans in the computer still running? Do you get any beeps?

Try the RAM and video card in a different computer if you can.

What is your current video card? What resolution/size is your monitor?
  2. theAnimal said:
    It sounds like you may have killed your motherboard. Are the fans in the computer still running? Do you get any beeps?

Try the RAM and video card in a different computer if you can.

What is your current video card? What resolution/size is your monitor?

the video card is 8500GT 2560 x 1600 all my fans are running including the video card and it doesnt have any beep and my monitor dont response with or without the ram not even a single message from the pc, and too bad i dont have any other deskptop computer i can test on.

What do you think might be?? video card or motherboard?
  3. really sounds like when u forced the card u may have served a electrical connection in the board... the video card still may be good though
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Graphics Cards Memory Card RAM Monitors Motherboards