Palm "install" lists not consistent

March 13, 2005 12:09:24 AM

I use my palm to read e-books (Zire 21). I have Palm Reader installed,
and I rotate through e-books. I've noticed that my list of installed
software (in the list of apps I can "delete" is consistently different
from what's listed in my ebook list for Palm Reader. E-books I've
'deleted' are still in memory (I can open them and read them) even
though they disappear from the delete list, and other books I've
installed don't show up to read.

Then, when I look at my "Backup" and "Archive" folders on my palm,
ebooks show up in those that aren't visible anywhere in my actual
palm.

I realize that the ebooks that don't show up as available to the
reader may not be compatible with it, but, why can I 'delete' e-books
and yet they're still in memory? What about these e-books in the
archive/backup folders -- are they taking up valuable memory space?

Is it possible to use some app to figure out what's REALLY installed
in my Palm (and clean things up a bit?)

Gwen
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:12:00 PM

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:09:24 -0500, Gwen Morse
<goldmoon@geocities.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to use some app to figure out what's REALLY installed
>in my Palm (and clean things up a bit?)
>
>Gwen

Isn't that what FileZ is about?
http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml