Whats Wrong!!!! Please read all and help!!!!

saxyd3

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
please read it all and try to help me!!!

ok i screwed up my perfectly fine computer last night.

Was trying to change the ram to different set, but thought that both side

of the ram is same length and forced wrong side in. When turn on the

computer it make a big "CAKAAACCCAAAKAKAKA'' sound. After few more

tries finally got it right, but turn on monitor and monitor not responsding

("monitor going to sleep" my monitor work perfectly fine and all cable are

tight close). I had try different chip, one by one and same thing black

screen. All my fans are running and my harddrive too, it dont make any beep or caaaka sound anymore. What do you think is wrong the video card or motherboard?

Yes i did turn off my computer before i try that, im not a computer newbie and no i dont have another computer to try and im sure at least one of my memory chip work.
my video card - - - 8500GT 2560x1600

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
short circut... if you want an example, take a nine volt battery and a piece of wire and conect the terminals. if you feel the wire geting really hot thats what i mean. now imagine that happening to the micro printed ciruts on your motherboard. in short, you might have fried your board

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
LoL :D

Im afraid chapstuff might be right, theres pretty good chance that the mobo is screwed

saxyd3

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
o crap that mean it my motherboard is damaged, how about video card and harddrive(hd is all i really care, too much data, like 8 adobe cs3software sigh) think they are safe?

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
if it is fried it probably wont harm all the other stuff but you should take it to a computer store to first, make sure the mobo is in fact damaged and second have them backup your hard drive

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
NO , that means that its probably damaged, but then again, probably the only way to be sure is to check the rest of components on a different mobo, but you said u have no other pc to try `em. Anyway, hdd and gfx should be fine

saxyd3

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
o it the stupidest thing i ever done on my life one perfect computer till i mess with it sigh what a noob i am but thank god if gfx and hdd work

saxyd3

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009

know the estimating of how much it gonna cost???

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
na, it's possible but not likely that the hardware was damaged. obviously the ram will be, but faulty boards are shipped all the time, and people find it out by putting it together and having it not run. what do they do? they rma it and put all the same hardware on the replacement. hardware survives faulty boards all the time.

saxyd3

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009

wow dude all i can say is WTF ur stupid suggestion is not stupid after all. 3 out 4 of my ram is damaged and such a miracle that only the ram is damaged.

Thanks now my pc work once again, too bad i have to buy more ram again

Guyver 25

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009

Good stuff im glad your problem is solved