"Run" disappears

Hi,

I run Win XP Pro, SP2.

I went to use the "run" command by pressing "start", and found that the
"run" command was no longer there. I'd be grateful for suggestions.

Dan Schaffer

Dan Schaffer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run Win XP Pro, SP2.
>
> I went to use the "run" command by pressing "start", and found that the
> "run" command was no longer there. I'd be grateful for suggestions.
>
> Dan Schaffer

Easier to type "r" while holding the logo key anyway.

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Did you try system restore? Usually found in system tools.
"Dan Schaffer" <somerset27@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I run Win XP Pro, SP2.
>
> I went to use the "run" command by pressing "start", and found that the
> "run" command was no longer there. I'd be grateful for suggestions.
>
> Dan Schaffer

Right click the taskbar > Properties > "Start Menu" tab > "Customize" button

"Unknown" wrote:

> Did you try system restore? Usually found in system tools.
> "Dan Schaffer" <somerset27@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I run Win XP Pro, SP2.
> >
> > I went to use the "run" command by pressing "start", and found that the
> > "run" command was no longer there. I'd be grateful for suggestions.
> >
> > Dan Schaffer

WinKey + R.
Go in Documents and Settings and delete the "Default User" Account. Reboot.
You should have Run in Start.
Michael

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:58:45 -0400, Dan Schaffer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I run Win XP Pro, SP2.
>
> I went to use the "run" command by pressing "start", and found that the
> "run" command was no longer there. I'd be grateful for suggestions.
>
> Dan Schaffer

Control Panel> Taskbar&Start Menu Properties> Start Menu> Customize: Place
check in box to display Run on the start menu.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User