Sign in with
Your question

Having problems, please help!

Last response: in Systems
October 9, 2008 10:33:44 PM

I built a new computer back in May 2008, and I'm having problems with a new headset I bought.

My old headset was a USB headset and it worked fine but I bought a new headset today that's not USB, it uses the green headphone and pink microphone jacks. Whenever I plug it in, my computer does not recognize it. I have tried the back and front jacks, I have restarted my computer several times and it's still not working.

Please help me, if you need my computer specs I can list them here.

Thanks in advance for the help.

More about : problems

October 9, 2008 11:16:38 PM

I'm assuming there's something wrong with my onboard audio, my motherboard is a Gigabyte EP25-DS3R.

Please help, I just paid $250 for this headset and right now it's useless because my computer won't recognize it :( 
October 10, 2008 12:07:24 AM

I'm also using Vista Home Premium 64-bit if that helps any.
Please help me, I'm desperate!
Related resources
October 10, 2008 12:30:41 AM

Your new headset will not require any drivers since it isn't USB, so I'm not sure what you mean by your computer "not recognizing" it. Are you referring to the jack sensing on your soundcard?

Go ahead and tell us what headset you're using so we can have a better idea of what you're talking about.
October 10, 2008 12:43:18 AM

I'm using the Astro Gaming A40 headset.
http://astrogaming.com/products/detail/4/A40_Headset/

And by "not recognizing" I mean I have no sound and it says there are no audio devices installed.

I've also installed the audio drivers from Realtek and from Gigabyte and they don't fix it.
October 10, 2008 1:52:45 AM

Is there anything else you need to know? I would like to fix this ASAP.
Could there be a plug misplaced in my computer or something?
October 10, 2008 1:51:26 PM

I could really use some help, I'll take any suggestions and ideas.

I already tried turning the Azalia Codec in my BIOS on auto but it still didn't work.
!