Future of GFX cards?

Well I do like to see the mention of MCM again, but that's is to say........ again..... for the how many-eth time !?!

Hopefully it's going to happen, I've seen alot of wonky multi-package solutions out there mocked-up, but a single package MCM would be sweet.

But as usual at this point it's like predicting next week's weather, could be close, could be way off, but unlikely to be 100% correct.

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
thats a neat idea, mcm gpu, i wonder why ati or nvidia aint doin that since its already 2 years since the inception of the mcm cpu.

so imagine this:

a crossfired "5870x2" = "5870" chips x 2 raise to the 4th power ( i dont know how to put exponents on a webpage).. thats a lot of transistors aint it?

then lucid's hydra, if it will work. gentlemen, WE have a bright future. hopefully future gpus will finally find a cure for cancer.

i just hope the cards wont take too much space as i dont want my chassis to be as big as a closet in the future.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Ha, I just saw that on techpowerup and was coming over here to see if anyone posted about it.

ATI will be leaps and bounds ahead of NV if they can get their MCM setup going by RV870. Their multi-GPU approach has really impressed me in comparison to NV's dual PCB idea. If NV puts out another dual PCB card I will have to laugh.

512-bit GDDR5? ....nailed it. DX11 support is great and all but is worthless until MS rolls it out.

Now...what is Intel up to these days....?