I need a new graphics card, help please

jonathantimms

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
Hi,

I am looking to get a new graphics cards, but am a bit confused with the amount that are on the market.

I currently have a Radeon 7000 dac350mhz 32mb AGP, im sure this is probably laughabley rubbish?

Anyway, i need a card that is going to run autocad along with a new 2gb of memory. I just need to get by doing my bits and bats of homework for college.

Can anyone suggest anything? The monitor currently plugs into my graphics card too, i dont know if that is important.

Oh and the motherboard is a SiS648fx

Thanks

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
well, do you have pci-e or just agp? if pci-e i would say maybe a 4670 or 4830 (just incase you game even just a little) if agp the best i know of is a 3850. we need a little more info like how much can you spend or want to spend and what can your mobo handle.(pci-e or agp)

sorry didnt see you posted your mobo, its got agp 8x so id go with the radeon HD3650 from newegg, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102762

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
You might want to look at doing a complete upgrade since now your going to spend alot of money on old ram and a AGP card while for the same money you could be getting parts that are way better. It would not even have to cost that much, depending what parts you have that are still useable like the drive case and psu it would not have to cost more than 500 for a system that would way better and is a way better investment.