Need advice on adding to a current WC setup

volks1470

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Hey, I was thinking about adding a 5870 to my current setup. I have three questions really.

1. Will the MCP655 pump be able to handle (eventually) 2 5870 blocks and a cpu block? (with the setup below)

2. Instead of making a whole new loop, can I just add on the one I have. Example. Pump > CPU > Radiator > GPU1 > GPU2 > Radiator 2 > Reservoir > Pump

3. Just thinking of it, if I did run the line from one GPU right to the next, wouldn't that make for worse overclocking on the second GPU?

Current setup

IMG_3928.jpg

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Come to OC Forums and ask. I'm Conumdrum too there.

Yes, your loop can handle it, but you'll have too much heat to dissipate with two GPU's You'll need more rad and most of us would recommend a seperate loop if you overclock and/or have high summer ambient temps.

^+1.
1. Will the MCP655 pump be able to handle (eventually) 2 5870 blocks and a cpu block? (with the setup below)
Yes

2. Instead of making a whole new loop, can I just add on the one I have. Example. Pump > CPU > Radiator > GPU1 > GPU2 > Radiator 2 > Reservoir > Pump
I highly recommend getting a 2nd loop for GPU)
3. Just thinking of it, if I did run the line from one GPU right to the next, wouldn't that make for worse overclocking on the second GPU?
The delta wouldn't be that much
Answers in bold.