Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 RC1 and the internet

Last response: in Toms Network
August 4, 2009 12:40:38 PM

I know that this question seems to of been asked a thousand times, but, I upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Beta and had no problems, then I decided to upgrade from beta to RC1. From that point I cannot access the internet. I have tried many things including switching the firewall off, I even replaced the network card. All of my other computers work fine on the network.
When I use Internet Explorer 8, I type any address in and get the same thing. It says address found, the progress bar moves to the middle, but no page ever displays. It also happened in Opera and Firefox.
Any Suggestions?

More about : windows rc1 internet

August 5, 2009 8:20:37 PM

Did you install the network card drivers? You can check to see if the computer can't find any automatically by going to the Device Manager any yellow question marks means you need drivers. Don't know the exact navigation to the device manager in windows 7 sorry.
August 7, 2009 5:46:24 PM

Hi,
There is no Yellow triangle and the system says that Windows 7 has loaded the latest driver. I have gon to the Realtek site and the latest driver they have is 2005. Any suggestions where I could get a later driver.
!