What happened to my dye?? WC loop

volks1470

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
So i've had my water cooling loop for about 3 months now. I put dye in the water to make it a nice red color and now 3 months later I have clear water and pink tubing!

Has anybody else had this problem? I don't i'll be using dyes again... I also read somewhere that the dye can clog up blocks? Is this true?

GetAttachmentaspx-5.jpg

Solution
Or buy colored tubing, UV if you want.

Dyes seperate and stick to stuff. Some just dissapear. They really like the teeny pins inside a CPU block.

Most watercoolers who do this stuff a lot use distilled water and a biocide. Colored tubing and LEDs for color if they want color.

Dyes usually cause issues more than not.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3837299

Why we use distilled water. Or de-ionized in the UK because distilled ain’t available unless your rich.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Or buy colored tubing, UV if you want.

Dyes seperate and stick to stuff. Some just dissapear. They really like the teeny pins inside a CPU block.

Most watercoolers who do this stuff a lot use distilled water and a biocide. Colored tubing and LEDs for color if they want color.

Dyes usually cause issues more than not.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3837299

Why we use distilled water. Or de-ionized in the UK because distilled ain’t available unless your rich.

Solution

volks1470

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Yea, I don't think i'll ever use a dye in a loop ever again! I bought Primochill pure, don't really know the quality of the stuff but won't use it again (at least the dye).

How about diluted (automotive) anitfreeze and distilled water? I heard 10% antifreeze is good.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Antifreeze doesn't cool anything. It's only for anti-corrosive properties or the sub zero liquid cooler folks. tests have been run and antifreeze in even a 10% solution is worse temps than distilled water.

You have nothing in your loop that is a dissimilar metal issue, so you don't need it.

Distilled water, a few drops of Petras PHN nuke or an ianh Silver KillCoil. Thats it.

TRENDING THREADS