is the HIS 4850 quiet?

kurtyboh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
I was looking at getting http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161243, but would like to know how loud it is I was looking at a sapphire but a lot of people had complaints that the fan would squeak at high rpm... I know it will make some noise just want to know if its going to be excessive or not from those who use it or have used it or even been in the same room while in use... thanks guys

bosshoss

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2004
With the fans at 50%, I can't hear my cards over the case fans. At 80-100%, I swear to god I think my case is taxiing down the runway and about to take-off.

kurtyboh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
well, that brought on a good bout of laughter. Good to know though I've read a lot of reviews on cards (none of the reviews for the his went into sound) and other manufacturers were getting slight squeat anywhere from 27% to 50 and thats pretty low to be hearing the fan. If it's on full bore its undertandable and should only be for a short bit. Then again the xbox 360 has massive amounts of fan noise too and i can live with that. The good thing with this is it should only be there for a short while then quiet down. Thanks for the info. Helps a lot