Harddrive

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Aspire
  • Acer
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
March 15, 2010 6:02:07 PM

i have an acer aspire 5735z and its split into two at 69.5Gb each and ones called acer (C:)  and the other DATA (D:)  now the ACER is now full and i have ran out of room is there a way to have the second hd take over anymore data Added?

More about : harddrive

Best solution

March 15, 2010 6:25:26 PM

all you have to do is save files to the second hard drive: from what i saw that laptop should only have one hard drive, in this case there are 2 partitions: to merge the partitions:
Go to control panel
Admin Tools
Computer management
Disc management
On the right hand side, you will see your hard drives. Right click near the bottom, and you can see 2 partitions on the same drive. From here, you can then remove the partition, and reformat (dont reformat unless you've backed everything up!)
March 15, 2010 6:34:19 PM

if i re format ill have to re install windows or no?? i have factory restore discs and on my external i have system backup
m
l
Related resources
March 15, 2010 6:40:34 PM

if you use the factory restore discs and backups you'll be fine. The factory discs will restore your computer to a "new" state. Just make sure you're backups are updated and complete before you do this.
m
l
March 15, 2010 6:55:17 PM

i just had to do the factory restore my bro messed it up, now will i need the product key?
m
l
March 15, 2010 7:15:50 PM

pilotkira said:
if you use the factory restore discs and backups you'll be fine. The factory discs will restore your computer to a "new" state. Just make sure you're backups are updated and complete before you do this.

might i add umm its windows vista not xp, and also i tryed doing the recovery discs because i somehow eraced the second partiton and im going to do another backup. so the recovery dvd's will work after i format the hd?
m
l
March 15, 2010 10:04:13 PM

after you format the hard drive, it'll basically wipe everything from the hard drive: therefore once you start up your computer and have the recovery disc in the cd/dvd drive it'll reinstall
m
l
March 15, 2010 11:33:36 PM

pilotkira said:
after you format the hard drive, it'll basically wipe everything from the hard drive: therefore once you start up your computer and have the recovery disc in the cd/dvd drive it'll reinstall

i acedently deleted the partition and it wont show it back it still has the original partiton and a restore didnt fix this issue is there a way around this?
m
l
March 15, 2010 11:42:49 PM

Best answer selected by shawnlove.
m
l
March 15, 2010 11:43:03 PM

ok all done and no re formatting needed :D 
m
l