Abit fp-1n9 sli ISSUES!

Progressive Tech

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Hi all, thanks in advance for taking the time to read my question.
I have an Abit fp-1n9 sli with a Q6600. For ram I have 2 OCz PC2-6400 SLI Ready sticks, 2 gig each. I have 2 x 250 gig drives running a Raid 0, and a 9800 GX2 1gb video card. Pretty good set up overall but there are a few things I cant seem to figure out.
I installed 64 bit vista Ultimate and the system is truely impressively fast. But as soon as i update Windows, the next time I restart it Blue screens. Cant even get to safe mode. Can only roll back to a restore point. So that is problem one, that I've just been living with, and not updating (not the end of the world but annoying).
Problem 2, for Christmas I bought 2 more 2gb sticks of ram. (The EXACT same sticks as the previous 2) Installed them today and the system locks up before the windows login screen. Bios sees the ram and acts normally. I've done some minor tweeking in the bios trying to find out why with no luck. I pulled my original 2 out and put the new ones in place of them and the machine boots to windows and passes memtest...

FYI I am a tech... Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Chris