Sign in with
Your question

Your Thoughts on HIS Video Cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 7, 2008 5:52:20 PM

been looking through the forums for which card i really wanted.

In reading the reviews on the 4850 cards, it seems like Asus cards are always haveing driver problems, Saphire cards have terrible customer service. I have read to never get a Diamond, but all the reviews on the iceQ4 HIS boards have been good: but i don't read on here where folks refer to them (i have not read every thread here though); so -

Is there anyone that uses them, or you other guys; your thoughts on them?

More about : thoughts video cards

a c 191 U Graphics card
November 7, 2008 6:00:18 PM

The only HIS card I have yet to use is a 2600PRO I got for my father. It is dead-silent. I was impressed enough that I'd readily consider that IceQ4 cooler on the next card I buy (probably a 4850). I have read from others that they can be loud at high speeds though.
My EAH3850 is an Asus card, and I've never had a problem with it. Its cooler is also not very loud, although it doesn't exhaust outside of the case like the HIS.
November 7, 2008 6:06:34 PM

A friend of mine bought a VisionTech 4870, because it had a lot of reviews overall and it had a lot of five egg reviews. He also bought it because VisionTech has a lifetime warranty (which he has not had to take advantage of fortunately :) ).
Related resources
November 7, 2008 6:08:06 PM

I got my first HIS card a couple of months ago. It's a 4870 512mb. It's been working fine. No drivers issues.

The only issue I have with it is fan noise at high speed but all 4870 that follow reference design have the same issue.
November 8, 2008 1:51:28 AM

I've had two, an x1650xt AGP w/ IceQ, and a 2600XT AGP the same.

The x1650xt was a lovely card - cool, overclockable, quiet - couldn't have asked for more. But then it died.

Its replacement wasn't any better of a card (and in some cases, worse, but I think that was just a characteristic of the 2000 series cards). It still works, but I really don't like the 2600 much at all.
February 5, 2010 5:28:42 PM

olddman said:
Thanks folks for all the replies. I do appreciate it. I have gone back and reread the reviews on the three cards i liked. Since it's only money not life and limb,.. lol .., i went ahead and ordered me one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Howdy.just cking how did the card work out? I bought two off of craigslist,they were working before they were taken out ( I got to see them before he pulled them ) he said they had a two year warranty,they were just over a year old.When I installed them & ran PC Mark 05 they both failed, They had only a one year warranty.I was able to get my money back he sold them to someone else.
!