Onboard Geforce 8200 Graphics Issue

G

Just a week ago I went out and bought an ECS Elitegroup GF8200A motherboard, that has a built in NVIDIA 8200, 2GB DDR2 800 corsair RAM, a 430 Watt Thermaltake power supply, and a AMD X2 4600+ processor. I finally got Windows XP Pro installed and getting all my drivers installed. And as soon as everything was rebooted I had trouble with my video, I have my computer hooked up to a 22" Acer X223W monitor on the VGA port on the motherboard, and I tried putting the resolution at 1650 by 1050 and 32 bit color mode, the screen started flickering uncontrollably. So I lowered the resolution to 1280 by 768 and it stopped, but now if I try and run the simplest games like StepMania (Dance Dance Revolution Simulation) or Project64 (Nintendo 64 Emulator) the Framerate is HORRIBLE, I can't play its that distracting, and I upgraded the drivers to the newest, and it still did nothing. Seriously my old Microstar motherboard with a 478 socket and a 2.53 P4 ran circles around the framerate I'm getting now. Anyone got any info on why this is happening?

pug_s

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
What kind of graphics card did you use on your p4 2.53 mhz? Dedicated graphics are much better than integrated graphics. You can probably shop around for an geforce 8600 gts for cheap.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
integrated graphics suck. period. if you previously had a dedicated video card, then the performance would definitely have been better, unless it was a geforce 2 or something like that.

G

Previously I had a AGP XFX 6200, I don't get it though, my computer downstairs has an ATI Xpress (something around that) and still runs better then what I have I mean this motherboard even has an HDMI port. So should I just get a new graphics card or what? And it's weird every time I turn up the resolution my sound turns horrible, all scrambled and screechy and very annoying.

G

In the bios your HT setting is prolly on 200 and it should be on 1000