Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6300

kangkurnitz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Hello,

cpuz35119MHz.jpg

As you can see from the picture, I have my core speed at 3511.9 at 1.264 core voltage.

I only change the FSB~? (I forgot the whole term :na: ) from 266 (stock) to 333 and the FSB-RAM~? (yes!, I also forgot what its called. :na: ) from AUTO (stock ) to 1:1.20 to make it 800 (my RAM is a 2GB kingston DDR2 800).

I'm new to this kind of thing and just wanted to try, so everything is on default. The only thing I change are the 2 said option above.

I didn't "tweak" the advance setting option in the bios regarding this stuff because I'm afraid I might break the whole PC.

Will this kind of settings be bad for the PC? and will it be fine that I didn't change the the voltages.

Thanks~!

Solution
If there is no option to adjust the Vcore you are done OCing that chip. (at least on that board.) The slightly faster CPU will be slightly faster, but I doublt you'd be able to feel it.

You are overclocking the RAM. Overclocking RAM does not really contribute much to increased performance. It can contribute to instability, and it may limit you CPU overclock.

Overclocking RAM:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/251715-29-ratio-myth

Try dropping the ratio to 1:1 and see if you can push the CPU overclock farther.

kangkurnitz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Hi,

I did what you said. I set my FSB to RAM ratio to 1:1, but I can only get my FSB Frequency from 333 to 341. After that it fails.

Here is what I got from cpuz.

CPU
cpuz35809.jpg

MEMORY
cpuz35809-Memory.jpg

Once again, the only thing I changed is the FSB Frequency and FSB:RAM Ratio.

Will this setting make any difference? Is there a way to make this better or this is what all I can get from my motherboard? BTW, here is my motherboard: http://asia.msi.com/index.php?func=prodmbspec&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=170&cat3_no=&prod_no=1833

Thanks~!

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
You have nice overclock going there.

Just a note, since I did not see you mention this. You should stress test, with Prime95 or LinX/Intel Burn Test. You can get an awesome overclock, but if it's not stable, it's useless.

kangkurnitz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
did you disable speed step and C1E? Also, might want to bump the voltage a little bit more when going higher than 3.5...

Hi,

I did what you said. I Disabled the C1E Support and the Intel EIST. Same thing happened, I just can't pass over FSB Frequency 341. I think this is the limit for my overclocking.

BTW, I can't find the option to change the voltage. I tried updating my bios (might help :D ) but it turns out I have the latest version from MSI already.

Is the 700mhz increase worth the risk? because I'm not sure if I want to keep it in this setting since I can't change the voltage/s, and as you've said. I need to increase the voltage/s a little.

Thanks~!

You are totally fine. I have a E5300 that has a stock of 2.6GHz (basically a lowered binned E6300 clocked at 2.6 instead of 2.8) and I have it overclocked to 3.6GHz with 1.31v and a FSB base clock of 277MHz.

If your RAM is 800MHz RAM, then set it so the RAM is at 800MHz or slightly over. No harm done since your RAM is running at its native speed.

I believe you can easily exceed your current 3.5GHz OC. The E6300 are known to do 4.0GHz without much trouble.

1. Try increasing the voltage. The upper limit of stock voltage is 1.36v, so try setting it to around 1.3v and see what happens when you push it beyond 341 FSB.

2. Try changing your multiplier and FSB.

3. Or try setting most options to auto/default and trying to OC again.

4745454b

Titan
If you have DDR2-800 and have the FSB:RAM ratio set at 1:1, its not a ram problem thats preventing more OC. It could be a lack of voltage, heat, or a "FSB hole". Try dropping the CPU multiplier down to 10, and possibly bump the Vcore up a hair. What happens when you try that?

kangkurnitz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Try increasing the voltage. The upper limit of stock voltage is 1.36v, so try setting it to around 1.3v and see what happens when you push it beyond 341 FSB.

If you have DDR2-800 and have the FSB:RAM ratio set at 1:1, its not a ram problem thats preventing more OC. It could be a lack of voltage, heat, or a "FSB hole". Try dropping the CPU multiplier down to 10, and possibly bump the Vcore up a hair. What happens when you try that?

Hi,

Unfortunately, the motherboard does not have a voltage regulator something~something option (I don't know what to call it.. :D ). So I can't increase the voltage for the CPU. :cry:

Anyways, maybe I'll just set it to 333 FSB - 1:1.20 FSB:RAM. That gives me;
3511.9 cpu - 800 memory or 341 FSB - 1:1 FSB:RAM; at 3580.9 cpu - 685 memory. What do you think is better?

And test it with prime95 like flyin15sec said.

Thanks~!

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
It's not a gigabyte mobo, it is MSi.

I suggest you use this:3511.9 cpu - 800 memory because it gives you a faster memory, even if you lose 69 Mhz from your CPU speed.
Please test the stability with prime95, latest revision if possible so that it will stress both cores and do each one of 3 tests that are there for 24 ores to check your complete stability. Also are you using the original cooler? Check the temperatures at the same time. Use HW monitor from CPU-Z site.

Post some pictures if you want, to see how are you doing.

shakeel ismail

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello,
hi im new at this i have pentium r dual core cpu e6300 2.80ghz i managed to overclock to 3.08ghz but it does not want go further than that and i see people getting higher overclock speed with the same type of cpu.

jbatist83

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Watch my video on youtube it will tech you nice nd easy. And maybe you`ll be able to overclock it like my E5400.

buddy, I am a holder of an intel core E5400 and I have proof of the overclocking capabilities of this chip, you should watch my youtube video and buy yourself a E5400 CPU for your next build look at this and learn to overclock with confidence. Relax it will be alright just start slow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thSBjWshsb0