rapter HDD
Radeon 4870 graphics card
Nirvana CPU cooler

When I turn it on I get the following errors:
Det Dram
Count Mem
Init Rom
VGA Bios

I am assuming I have some sort of memory error. I have tried different configurations, went down to just 1 ram module, cleared cmos, and I still get all the errors. Also my monitor will not turn on, all I see is a screen that says Detect signal Cable. When I look at the mobo all the lights are green, and the fans work. Is there something wrong with my bios? Any help would be good, Thanks.

bryan240g

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
First I would turn the system off, and start from step one make sure you have everything plugged correctly, then I would run the latest bios for the mobo. Then I would start with one stick of ram, and try each one indiviually. If you do get one to work, then add a stick once your booted up. If you get the system running you should run memtest on your ram, to ensure they are all functioning properly. Set eveything to defualt(ie. clocks, voltage). system? I hope this helps. Try googling that error message.

As far as the monitor not powering on, is it new? Are connections plugged properly?

Sounds like ram issue to me.

tweak13

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I had the same problem with a Maximus II formula ASUS board. Completely died on me. Had to RMA it, now I got another board and getting RAM errors, my guess.... return both and save some time. UltimaSlayerVII sounds about dead on with this one.