I haven't played in months, what's wrpng with the CU??

What's so bad about it? How could SOE be SOOOOO off in thier judgment of how
this is supposed to be?

Anthony Giampa
Imperiai2@cox.net
8 answers Last reply
More about haven played months what wrpng
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Too many to list man. It's too much to be considered an upgrade. It is
    more like a whole new game. Just gotta check it out to see for yourself.

    "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
    > What's so bad about it? How could SOE be SOOOOO off in thier judgment of
    how
    > this is supposed to be?

    > Anthony Giampa
    > Imperiai2@cox.net

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    As with everything, you have to take everything said about it with a grain
    of salt. A lot of the negative comments have some merit. But, I know of a
    lot of people that love what's been done.

    The biggest things that have people up in arms are:
    1. Everything's different and it's human nature to hate change.

    2. The UI's been revamped and a lot of things we took for granted before
    that were good are gone (no combat queue window; no /peace command; the
    toolbar icons are all bright, colorful and 'graphical'(in some cases
    wonderfully informative and in others you have no clue what the
    indecipherable picture you're looking at is supposed to do.) An example is
    Headshot (or Improved Head Shot)...it's a gun blast hitting a Storm Trooper
    Helmet (clear & easy to tell), Area track is dark brown 'animal tracks' on a
    slightly lighter brown background... questionable if you don't know what it
    is. Indecipherable if you don't.

    3. All Combat Actions are on Timers... (EQ2 apparently). So you can't spam
    anything. If you try to spam, you actually take longer to attack than if
    you chose different attacks/actions.

    4. Level System. This draws the most complaints. SOE's party line is
    "There was always a level system, it was just more transparent before".
    Everything has a level now. If you don't have combat skills...you're lower,
    if you're a major combat player you may cap out at Level 80. If you attack
    something too far below you, you get no XP, if you attack something more
    than 2 levels above you, chances are you're dead in 1-3 hits.

    5. Buff's are handy if you get them, but virtually useless unless you're a
    Jedi that has to channel Force.

    6. Crafting changes. Armorsmith is now "dumbed down" they apparently,
    actively fired the Armorsmith Correspondent. Doctors & CMs no longer craft
    anything, they're designed to be out in the field (they complain). BE's now
    do all Medical Crafting (they complain). Most pure crafters are now Level
    1...so a low level aggro critter like a Diseased Vrelt can kill them in 1
    hit. Sony's stance "Hire a body guard".

    7. Jedi. FRS is turned off... Some rumors I've heard so Gone for Good.
    (as a Jedi padawan, I have no problem with this...I'd wanted to do the
    Knight Trials to get my Knight Title, but that was it.) All FRS rank is
    revoked. XP gain vs. risk is no longer at an acceptable ratio. Basically,
    Jedi are even more screwed at this point. To the point where Tanks, the BH
    Correspondent has been trying to get Jedi fixes put in because otherwise,
    the BHs won't have anyone to hunt.

    There are more changes, but I think that gets the heart of the more
    important ones. Ranger is a Combat Class now...It's been too long for me to
    remember if you were a Ranger player or not, I think someone that had left
    was. Diaboyos was right though, it's virtually an entirely different game.
    If anything I wrote sounds appealing, you might want to see if you can spare
    $15 to try it out.

    Just remember the advise I have to keep giving my roommate. "Take your
    time". If you hit combat keys as fast as you can... You're going to incap,
    you're going to die. Quickly. If you take your time, do some reading and
    take the time to relearn your profession. You shouldn't have a lot of
    problems... well... unless you're a Jedi. Though thanks to Double XP Week
    (which ended last night at midnight), I did manage to grind out Master Light
    Saber.

    Thanks

    The Bar-erras Clan
    Lowca Galaxy

    "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
    > What's so bad about it? How could SOE be SOOOOO off in thier judgment of
    > how
    > this is supposed to be?

    > Anthony Giampa
    > Imperiai2@cox.net

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    2 acounts closed here as well. Gone to WoW and never coming back. I miss the
    old SWG...but WoW has eased the pain.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "No1uNo" <no1uno@huntmail.com> wrote in message
    > 2 acounts closed here as well. Gone to WoW and never coming back. I miss
    the
    > old SWG...but WoW has eased the pain.

    WoW is fun until you hit lvl 60.. then its another EQ, cant get any good
    items or do anything useful without groups or raiding parties.. and even
    these locations are limited (not much of them around atm, 3 dungeons for
    single grps and a few more for 10 - 15 raid parties and a couple for larger
    raid parties) after you've done them 20+ times it gets repetative and
    boring.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Shirley Kincaid wrote:
    > I'd say SOE has scored a direct hit in the elimination of their most
    > valuable resource....the long time player armed with the uber weapon "word
    > of mouth".

    I predict that this one will go down in the history books as the text
    book example of "not what to do to an MMO"

    Just my $.02 after cancelling my 4 accounts.

    --
    /ray
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Instead of calling it the "Combat Upgrade", they should have just called it
    what it is..."the great player wipe of 2005!" =)

    "Raymond Baastad" <raymond@*spamblock*baastad.net> wrote in message
    > Shirley Kincaid wrote:
    >> I'd say SOE has scored a direct hit in the elimination of their most
    >> valuable resource....the long time player armed with the uber weapon
    >> "word of mouth".
    >
    > I predict that this one will go down in the history books as the text book
    > example of "not what to do to an MMO"
    >
    > Just my $.02 after cancelling my 4 accounts.
    >
    > --
    > /ray
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Cancelled my 2 accounts too. I'm playing Guild Wars now. It's a pretty
    sweet game and free to play online!

    "Raymond Baastad" <raymond@*spamblock*baastad.net> wrote in message
    > Shirley Kincaid wrote:
    > > I'd say SOE has scored a direct hit in the elimination of their most
    > > valuable resource....the long time player armed with the uber weapon
    "word
    > > of mouth".
    >
    > I predict that this one will go down in the history books as the text
    > book example of "not what to do to an MMO"
    >
    > Just my $.02 after cancelling my 4 accounts.
    >
    > --
    > /ray
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    54Jge.865$E7.247@news-server.bigpond.net.au,
    > and said:
    >
    > > "No1uNo" <no1uno@huntmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> 2 acounts closed here as well. Gone to WoW and never coming back. I
    > >> miss the old SWG...but WoW has eased the pain.
    > >>

    > > WoW is fun until you hit lvl 60.. then its another EQ, cant get any
    > > good items or do anything useful without groups or raiding parties..
    > > and even these locations are limited (not much of them around atm, 3
    > > dungeons for single grps and a few more for 10 - 15 raid parties and
    > > a couple for larger raid parties) after you've done them 20+ times it
    > > gets repetative and boring.
    >
    > If you stop, at one character, then I don't think it's the game's fault
    that
    > you're bored. Also, the game is only 6 months old. I only have one
    > character at 60 and am working on my second. I found two classes that I
    > really love to play. Other character I stopped leveling, at 52. I hate
    > warrior.

    I have a level 60 druid, a level 52 Hunter a level 43 Mage plus a few
    various other classes lower under the 30's so no I didnt just play one
    character and have been playing WoW since day 1.
    Frankly after doing the quests 3/4 times each I'm a bit tired of doing them
    over (some even more due to going back and helping guildies to them too). As
    well as doing high end stuff over and over.. rinse repeat with no obvious
    sight for advancement of my chars once they reach level 60 other then doing
    DM, Strath and Scholo over and over or high end raiding which i hate (and
    was why i stopped playing Everquest in the first place..).

Games Video Games