BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Alright i reduced loads of my setting in the bios from auto but im stuck on 3 settings once i finish that bit my cpu will be speedy @ this 4.1ghz i have it at atm,

My cpu btw lads is the intel pentium E6300 "wolfdale" 2.80ghz (overclocked to 4.1GHz @ 1.362V) , And its not the dual-core old E6300 crappy cpu!! :p

Right the settings im confused and stuck on is :-

LDT freqency - i check the tomHW duals and quads guide no explanation on what this is, Now what i beleave this is , is the data speed of the nb to sb.. ? right or i wroung?

mines @ x5 and i noticed it can go to x8 , but i was wondering should i increase and will it give me any gains in file transfer or gaming / whatnot

Also this setting :-

1.2V HT Freqency- SET @ auto atm if i raise this by say 0.1+ or 0.2+ will this stable the HT? dont wanna raise to far incase i mess my rig but i want to make sure since i got a gd overclock on my rig that the HT is holding and not bounching up and down like FPS / vdroop ::p

And northbridge voltage , now i was reading in th duals and quads guide , and he said for memory to work @ higher speed you may need to increase NB voltage,by +2 as im having memory problems since day 1 nothing on the overclock side more of wont go to the rated speed :*(

my memory is 8gb of kingston hyperX memory but i cant find info on it at all and i only got it like last year, info i know about it is KHX8500AD2K2/4G 4GB DDR2 1066MHz Non-ECC CL5
(kit of 2 – 2GB) 5-5-5-15 2.0V - written on the sticks

The problem ive been having is the system dont pick it up @ 1066mhz only 800 5-5-5-15 @ default 1.8V which i increase to the voltage it showed on the memory chip sticker!

Now the problem im also having is when i look on kingston site the only memory @ 1066mhz in the hyperX section shows this info :-

KHX8500D2K2/4G 4GB DDR2 1066MHz Non-ECC CL5
(kit of 2 – 2GB) 5-5-5-15 2.2-2.3V

Now my sticker dont show 2.2V or 2.3V so i was wondering should i place it @ those then or will my memory go bang :*(

as i realy want my 4.1ghz rig using £80 every 4gb pack memory @ what i oreder ie 1066Mhz
Ive also tried browseing kingston search for my memory part number without any luck .

ie mine - KHX8500AD2K2/4G sticker @ 2.0V

websites - KHX8500D2K2/4G @ 2.2-2.3V

Can any one give me advice , much apreiated for you're time if you do lads! and ill add karma to you's for doing so!
bye for now! :hello:

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
my motherboard is a asus P5N-T DELUXE 780I

i tried upping the volts to that pc then reboot and beeps like mad, dropped it the only way ive manage to load into windows with 1066 applied is by not applying the 5-5-5-15 timing setting all memory setting to auto! and memort voltage @ 2.0, but pc loads seems fine but when i load a game it play like 3 to 4 mins then pc crashes. ive ran memtest and all sticks are in working order!, what am i doing wroung -.-