DFI LanParty JR 790gx-m2rs and Video output

diodorus

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Hello,

I understand that with DFI LanParty JR 790gx-m2rs I cannot use DVI and HDMI outputs at the same time (right?).

If I want to be able to plug a monitor and a tv, i guess I need an extra video card. if i add a HD 3450 in hybrid crossfire, can i keep the monitor plugged to the onboard connector, and the tv to the connector of the discrete card? (so that i will keep the dicrete card off, unless i need tv output). When the discrete card is on, does it "shut down" the onboard connectors?

Thanks,
Diodo

Hybrid Crossfire setup:

You enable it, like you enable any other CrossFire setup. CCC > CrossFire panel, etc.
Connect the monitor to the on-board DVI/VGA port. The VGA card will then shut down until in 3D mode.

diodorus

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
it does:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_700_chipset_series#790GX

Thanks for the reply, but maybe I wasn't clear. I am not interested in more 3d performance, I just would like to be able to have:

* the monitor always plugged to the onboard DVI, and the TV always plugged to the HDMI of the discreet card
* the discreet card usually OFF (when i only use the monitor), so that it doesn't use power
* the discreet card ON only when I need to display (different things) on both monitor and TV (but having the monitor still plugged to MB, and the TV to the discreet card)

is this possible?

SteveM8991

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011

Hey diodorus,
I was wondering if you were able to do this? I also would like to configure my M2RS in an HTPC with Windows 7, to have an always active monitor and then an HDMI output to HD TV when needed.
Thanks,
SteveM