Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

MSI X58 Eclipse "D-LED2"

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
February 10, 2009 9:56:23 AM

I have the MSI X58 Eclipse , it has the D-LED2 Onboard Lcd screen but it shuts down after a few minutes. Is there anyway that i can keep the D-LED2 perma on ?Maybe a program to control it ?

Thanx :-)

More about : msi x58 eclipse led2

a b V Motherboard
February 10, 2009 9:04:22 PM

LOL @ MSI - expected

Sounds like PSU or Incorrectly Assembled/Installed HSF (thermal event)

List all the specs of your system (eg PSU = AcBell 300w TruePower Series etc)
February 10, 2009 11:59:33 PM

or maybe a 'screen saver' setting? power saving setting?
Related resources
February 11, 2009 9:34:13 AM

motherboard : MSI X58 Eclipse
CPU : Intel i7 @ 2.66Ghz
Ram : Apacer 2gb 1333mhz X 3 = 6gb
HDD : 500gb Seagate
GPU : MSI gtx260
PSU : In Win 850w

I hope this information helps , beacuse it works correctly everything i just also thinks it goes into sleep mode , just duno why and want it to be on the whole time i use my pc. Can any help ?

a c 135 V Motherboard
February 11, 2009 7:00:52 PM

Let me make sure I understand your situation...
Your PC is functioning normally in every way, but it has a diagnostic display on it that you would like to remain visible at all times, but it appears to be set to go off after a while? I.e. it isn't your whole PC which shuts down, it's just this display.
Look for settings in the BIOS. Does the manual offer any useful information on this question?
February 12, 2009 2:32:43 PM

I read it shuts down after 8 minutes to spare the lcd from being damaged. quote : " After eight minutes suspension , the screen will automaticly shut down to protect the PLED display" , but i mean whats thepoint then ?... Does anyone know how to override it ? coz bios has nonthing on it..
a c 135 V Motherboard
February 12, 2009 10:29:06 PM

I did not find a link to download a manual at the MSI web site. Sorry, I don't have any other information for you.
February 28, 2009 8:52:13 PM

Diabolix, I have the same Mobo and personally the only use for that display is to see the CPU and memory voltages and clock speeds, useful for overclocking tests because you see the resultant clock speeds imediately without having to use another program. Once you are stable as your desired clock speed there is really no more use for that display. I have removed it and do not run it at all anynmore.
March 1, 2009 2:27:56 PM

Rick_51 said:
Diabolix, I have the same Mobo and personally the only use for that display is to see the CPU and memory voltages and clock speeds, useful for overclocking tests because you see the resultant clock speeds imediately without having to use another program. Once you are stable as your desired clock speed there is really no more use for that display. I have removed it and do not run it at all anynmore.



How is the MSI X58 Eclipse performance for you ? And what i7 chip are you you using ?
March 1, 2009 4:21:28 PM

Diabolix said:
How is the MSI X58 Eclipse performance for you ? And what i7 chip are you you using ?


Rock Solid Brother! I love this mainboard. I have the Intel Core i-7: D-920 proc. on it. At present, I am running the stock clock speed (although this MSI Eclipse board is just slightly over the stock clock of other manufacturers.), due to the fact that when I ordered parts, there were no aftermarket coolers available, therefore, I have been stuck with the stock retail (Coolermaster) cooler provided by Intel. I have completed my research today thanks to the help of a couple of guys on this forum and ordered the: Thermalright Ultra eXtreme 120 socket 1366 version based on comparrison tests conducted by the boys at " Bit-tech.net" Their results show this to be the most efficient performing air CPU cooler for our chips. I expect to over-clock to 3.6 ghz. with that cooler and still run slightly cooler than it does at present at stock clock sped of: 2.66ghz with the retail cooler. Check back in a couple of weeks and I will let you know how it turned out. My rig: Antec 900 mid-twr. case, MSI Eclipse mobo, 12 gig G-skill ddr3 Ram, 2 x MSI over-clocked GTX 280 video cards, ABS Tagen 900 w power supply. OS: Windows Vista Ultimate-64/sp1. This build is absolutely beautiful.
March 2, 2009 11:16:38 AM

Okay sounds like an great setup you have there! Ill wait for your reply and will have to see where mine can overclock to.

MSI FTW!
April 8, 2009 8:04:09 AM

Rick_51 said:
Rock Solid Brother! I love this mainboard. I have the Intel Core i-7: D-920 proc. on it. At present, I am running the stock clock speed (although this MSI Eclipse board is just slightly over the stock clock of other manufacturers.), due to the fact that when I ordered parts, there were no aftermarket coolers available, therefore, I have been stuck with the stock retail (Coolermaster) cooler provided by Intel. I have completed my research today thanks to the help of a couple of guys on this forum and ordered the: Thermalright Ultra eXtreme 120 socket 1366 version based on comparrison tests conducted by the boys at " Bit-tech.net" Their results show this to be the most efficient performing air CPU cooler for our chips. I expect to over-clock to 3.6 ghz. with that cooler and still run slightly cooler than it does at present at stock clock sped of: 2.66ghz with the retail cooler. Check back in a couple of weeks and I will let you know how it turned out. My rig: Antec 900 mid-twr. case, MSI Eclipse mobo, 12 gig G-skill ddr3 Ram, 2 x MSI over-clocked GTX 280 video cards, ABS Tagen 900 w power supply. OS: Windows Vista Ultimate-64/sp1. This build is absolutely beautiful.





Hey man , have you overclocked yet ? PLease let me know . Because i would like to overclock aswell , and the temps you got at higher clocks ?
April 9, 2009 4:01:30 AM

Diabolix said:
Hey man , have you overclocked yet ? PLease let me know . Because i would like to overclock aswell , and the temps you got at higher clocks ?


Hey there Diabolix. Well I am totally game stable 24/7 OC'ed at 3.4 ghz for a week and a half and loving every minute of it. Now I know it is not the 3.6 to 4.0 ghz that some are getting but it is still .2 ghz faster than the mighty 965 Extreme @ $999.00 USD... since my proc was $307.00, that make it all the more satisfying.

I am running 12 gig of ram ( 6 x 2gig ) and I have seen a few coments to the effect that, that ammount of ram can be a speed limitting factor. Temps using "RealTemp" are 41 C at idle and 62 C at 99.6% load with prime95! that is the highest temp that I have seen.

In bios I have "overclock protection off, the EHIST and Turbo off, 20 x multiplier, 170 clock. Ram is manually set to 2T,8,8,8,20 ( this G-Skill Ram calls for 2T 9,9,9,24 but I saw someone else crank theirs up so I tried and the ram seems to like these settings.), core voltage increased by 0.08, pll voltage increased by 0.08, ram is 1.6 volts.

I benchmarked at 175 clock for 3.5ghz, however, 2 hours or so into WOW online, Doom 3, or Left For Dead, I experienced lock-ups. No problems at all at 170 clock. Others are runing faster but I am happy as can be running at 3.4 ghz.

I bought my D-920 1 week after they hit Newegg.com so my chip is one of the first run procs. I have the batch number listed in one of my earlier posts in here: Motherboards/1336 and/or Intel CPU's/1336.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your up-clock. and please let me know how your rig does. Gunny....
April 9, 2009 4:44:57 AM

Diabolix said:
Hey man , have you overclocked yet ? PLease let me know . Because i would like to overclock aswell , and the temps you got at higher clocks ?


Oh yes, I mentioned that I had my processor batch number elsewhere in this forum. I get them mixed up. That info is in the locations mentioned at ocforums.com. That place is all about overclocking and the experienced folks there, will help you every step of the way. That is where I hung out when I began overclocking my rig.... Highly recommended...
April 15, 2009 6:53:14 AM

yeah id like it to be manually on unless i turn it off.. its kinda cool monitoring my temp.
April 15, 2009 12:43:59 PM

I agree with that jbx907..
June 13, 2009 7:38:16 PM

i think u buy another motherboard cause my msi ecplise ioh north bridge temperature is to hot @ 85c..i7920 at stock speed..*** msi
August 3, 2009 1:02:59 PM

It's not that hot actually it's a BIOS bug :D  Mine also reported that, but after BIOS update it got back to normal...

MSI rocks btw. got my i7 920 to 3.7 Ghz with Noctua SE1336 cooler, no problems in games or rendering - 45 C under full load (it's been almost 3 days since 24/7 render started)

Rig:

MSI Eclipse SLI
Intel i7 920 @ 2.66 (OC 3.7, +0.010 V)
Noctua SE1336
3x2 Gb OCZ Gold 1600
Leadtek GTX 275
Thermaltake Armor+ Big Tower
2 x WD Green 500 Gb (32 Mb Cache) @ Raid0
Corsair 750W TX

PS> I wish the LED could stay on, cause I need to monitor my temps while rendering :( 
August 11, 2009 7:37:56 PM

Rick_51 said:
Hey there Diabolix. Well I am totally game stable 24/7 OC'ed at 3.4 ghz for a week and a half and loving every minute of it. Now I know it is not the 3.6 to 4.0 ghz that some are getting but it is still .2 ghz faster than the mighty 965 Extreme @ $999.00 USD... since my proc was $307.00, that make it all the more satisfying.

I am running 12 gig of ram ( 6 x 2gig ) and I have seen a few coments to the effect that, that ammount of ram can be a speed limitting factor. Temps using "RealTemp" are 41 C at idle and 62 C at 99.6% load with prime95! that is the highest temp that I have seen.

In bios I have "overclock protection off, the EHIST and Turbo off, 20 x multiplier, 170 clock. Ram is manually set to 2T,8,8,8,20 ( this G-Skill Ram calls for 2T 9,9,9,24 but I saw someone else crank theirs up so I tried and the ram seems to like these settings.), core voltage increased by 0.08, pll voltage increased by 0.08, ram is 1.6 volts.

I benchmarked at 175 clock for 3.5ghz, however, 2 hours or so into WOW online, Doom 3, or Left For Dead, I experienced lock-ups. No problems at all at 170 clock. Others are runing faster but I am happy as can be running at 3.4 ghz.

I bought my D-920 1 week after they hit Newegg.com so my chip is one of the first run procs. I have the batch number listed in one of my earlier posts in here: Motherboards/1336 and/or Intel CPU's/1336.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your up-clock. and please let me know how your rig does. Gunny....



Hey Gunny sorry for taking so long to reply! :( 
Anways i got mine overclocked to 3.2Ghz without changing any settings what so all , only the clock speed. And it was stable , well till i played sims 3 then it throwed a blue screen , what can this mean ? I am using Apacer DDR3 1333 (3 X 2GB).

!