Which stick should I stick in which?

boogaloo

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Hi all. Sorry to keep asking for advice. I'm taking delivery of some new parts at the moment and I will end up with two PCs...

Gaming rig
Intel Q9650 cpu
Nvidia 280gtx OC gfx card
BFG 780i mobo
Lightly overclocked
Fatal1ty sound card

Utility rig
Intel E6850 CPU
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L mobo
9800 GX2 grapics
Audigy 2xs sound
Lightly overclocked

Essentially I'll probably end up using both PCs for much the same thing as I quite often run games on both PCs at the same time, and would probably have iTunes and web browser on the utility PC also. I know that in some ways the quad core might be better suited as the utility PC as it will be better at running multiple apps but it's hard to fight against a lifetime's habit of having my more expensive PC as my gaming machine!

I've got a couple of questions...

Memory
I'll end up with 8gig of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 6400 (800) and 4gig of Dominator DDR2 8500 (1066) memory. I'm intending to stick the 8gig of slower memory in the utility PC to help with having several apps open at once, and the 4gig of faster RAM in the quad core, since it should be more than enough to deal with most games.

Which Vista?
I've currently got Vista 64 Ultimate on the E6850 and have picked up a copy of Vista 64 Premium for the quad core. Is there any reason I should consider running ultimate on the quad core? I never use the features like Aero etc. Is there anything in the build of Ultimate that makes it better suited to my newer PC?

Thanks in advance for any advice.