Sign in with
Your question

New case and PSU for Inspiron 530s

Last response: in Components
January 6, 2009 1:42:21 PM

OK, I previously asked a question in another thread about upgrading the PSU of my Inspiron 530s(slim) and I learned that you can't significantly upgrade it do to it's size. Therefore, buying a new case is my only option. My budget is around 70 dollars:
I need:
1. A normal sized case compatible with the inspiron 530s standard hardware.
2. A Power supply of at least 400 watts(500 if possible)

Thanks in advance.

More about : case psu inspiron 530s

January 6, 2009 2:23:05 PM

"Normal size" is a bit ambiguous. I'll assume you mean ATX or MicroATX mid-tower.

Here are my suggestions:
Cooler Master Centurion 5 w/ 430W

There are plenty of Rosewill options too, and while I've never had problems with the one Rosewill (PSU) I've owned, I would never trust it on my primary system because of the quality and horror stories and reviews online.
January 6, 2009 6:26:24 PM

By normal size I mean that I can upgrade it without worrying about the case being to small. So are you sure everything in the inspiron 530s will fit nicely in that case?
Related resources
January 6, 2009 7:33:21 PM

IIRC the Inspiron 530 is either a FlexATX or MicroATX form factor (2 and 4 expansion slots, respectively). There is ample room in the Centurion 5 for your stuff and almost every conceivable upgrade.
August 9, 2009 7:05:26 PM

jrvunleashed said:
OK, I previously asked a question in another thread about upgrading the PSU of my Inspiron 530s(slim) and I learned that you can't significantly upgrade it do to it's size. Therefore, buying a new case is my only option. My budget is around 70 dollars:
I need:
1. A normal sized case compatible with the inspiron 530s standard hardware.
2. A Power supply of at least 400 watts(500 if possible)

Thanks in advance.

hey I want to switch cases too and I was wondering I do I get the cd drive out...Im not good with computers but I was wondering can you tell me how to take out the cd drive?? thanks
June 12, 2010 1:45:00 PM

jrvunleashed said:
By normal size I mean that I can upgrade it without worrying about the case being to small. So are you sure everything in the inspiron 530s will fit nicely in that case?

hi jrvunleashed could you please comment what you eventually did as ive been surfing the web for inspiron530s upgrades for moths now, thanks in advance. :) 
a c 165 ) Power supply
June 12, 2010 1:55:10 PM

you need to start a new thread, he hasn't been back in well over a year
!