Can't flash SSD with firmware

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Flash SSD
  • Firmware
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
March 17, 2010 1:13:21 AM

I tried burning the firmware ISO with both ImgBurn and Nero. But when I put in the CDRW it just says that the mobo can't recognize that there is a CD in the tray. I tried switching from AHCI to IDE with Legacy support, didn't work. And yeah I have the DVD rom as the first bootable device.

More about : flash ssd firmware

Best solution

a c 415 G Storage
March 17, 2010 1:47:58 AM

If you boot up your system, insert the CD into the drive and look at it with Explorer, can you see the ".ISO" file that you burned?

If you CAN, then you've done it WRONG.

Rather than simply copying the ISO file onto CD as it's own file, you need to use the "image burn" function of your burning software. In my copy of Nero Express Essentials, there's an "Image, Project, Copy" option in the left pane of the startup window that you'd have to use.

If that's not the issue, then another possible problem is that you didn't finalize the disk. You have to do the burn as a "final" burn, one that doesn't allow anything else to be added to the disk at a later time.
March 17, 2010 2:16:32 AM

sminlal said:
If you boot up your system, insert the CD into the drive and look at it with Explorer, can you see the ".ISO" file that you burned?

If you CAN, then you've done it WRONG.

Rather than simply copying the ISO file onto CD as it's own file, you need to use the "image burn" function of your burning software. In my copy of Nero Express Essentials, there's an "Image, Project, Copy" option in the left pane of the startup window that you'd have to use.

If that's not the issue, then another possible problem is that you didn't finalize the disk. You have to do the burn as a "final" burn, one that doesn't allow anything else to be added to the disk at a later time.

I burned it, don't worry. I'm talking about a new build that I just finished building. I haven't even installed the OS yet.
m
l
Related resources
a c 415 G Storage
March 17, 2010 2:47:24 AM

I know you burned it - but you're saying that your motherboard can't read it. I'm suggesting you might have burned it wrong.
m
l
March 17, 2010 4:07:30 AM

Best answer selected by Crooks.
m
l
!