When does 32nm core i7 come out?

Good day.
I started to think to upgrade my current system but I think going for 920 i7 is not worth it.
I think the next upgrade for me would be the 32nm processor, I heard about them I just don't have links....if I'm right it suppose to have 6cores/12logical cores :whistle:

So do you guys have general idea when 32nm intels will be coming out?

my current system is as follows:

q6600@3.4ghz
asus p5q se
4gb ddr2@954mhz
zerotherm nirvana cpu cooler
antec 1200
2x 500gb hd
700w silverstone striker series psu
4870 1gig
acer 22" (1680x1050)
8 answers Last reply
More about when 32nm core
  1. Q1 2010.
  2. "Westmere" (32NM Nehalem, basically) is rumored for the end of 2009. "Sandy Bridge" is equally rumored for 2010, and adds "AVX" (Advanced Vector Extensions - an addition to the SSE instructions) to the 32NM Westmeres. This is supposed to allow developers to choose to offload certain GPU~like functionality on the CPU. The benefit is it should be easier to program, and theoretically could increase the graphics performance - particularly on a mobo with integrated graphics.
  3. About a year after Nehalem came out, so the end of 09.
  4. ok sweet guys thanks!
    so i have a year to save up some money for a nice upgrade (:
  5. Yeah in the meantime you could enjoy the nice system you are sporting now. You couldnt have built that too long ago...
  6. i build it about 3months ago(my 4850 died, got replacement with 4870)
    if your interested i have youtube channel, there is couple vids of the inside of the case and such

youtube.com/vagmonster666
  7. If you built it 3 months ago, why are you thinking of upgrading? That definitely doesn't look like a system that needs upgrading.
  8. no i just was curious i know it be stupid to upgrade to 45nm core i7, i was just wondering when 32nm parts come out....i think going from 64nm to 32nm would be a good jump since i love tweaking my system and overclocking haha
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7