Sign in with
Your question

bluescreen on a new system

Last response: in Systems
October 12, 2008 8:15:04 AM

Hey guys...
I currently suffer from this problems and i'm not quite sure what have turned wrong on my new system since i'm still a newbie in this area.

My systems are:
-ASUS P5N32E SLI PLUS
-Intel Q6600 2.40GHz,standard not overclocked
-Cooler Master Sphere CPU cooler
-320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II
-Thermaltake 400W PSU ATX 12V
-Gigabyte NVidia 9600gt 1GB GDDR3 NX96T (GV-NXT1GHP)
-DDR2 4096Mb Patriot 800MHz kit of 2 PDC24G6400ELK Dual Channel memory
-DVD-RW
all fits in a Thermaltake WingRS ATX case with 1 opt 80mm fan

-I'm suspecting that the PSU is not enough...but from what Asus PSU calculator says,i'm good to go.
-Then everytime when i turn-on my system,it will make a high-pitched sound at first but then dissappeared after quite some times.
-I've already installed many OS-es but it turned out the same...now i'm running on Vista Black Edition 32-bit.
-I've installed the latest BIOS.
-I can't connect to the internet using my Ethernet cable.Maybe a usb wireless adapter will work?

Please...i'm running out of ideas...and i don't want to send it to the computer service before i know what's wrong with it.

More about : bluescreen system

October 12, 2008 1:31:02 PM

Never buy a PSU based on it's wattage alone. It's a complicated item that requires careful selection.

Unless you provide more information, I can't say anything definite about your PSU. Thermaltake has been known to sell some good PSUs, and some junk. The only PSU I'm aware of from them at 400W was a "litepower" that is probably junk. Inadequate amps on the 12V rail for your card, as well.

Now that I have that out of my system...

It's not a great MB. The chipset has known issues.

-This high pitched sound... it's likely a fan going. If you had a stethoscope or could borrow one you could isolate it.

The Ethernet is a separate issue.

You should go to the ASUS website and download the latest drivers for your motherboard, if you have not. be sure to get all the various ones you need, such as chipset, LAN, sound, etc.
Related resources
October 12, 2008 2:12:26 PM

Unplug The Graphics card and any lights, case fans and drives that aren't required for your system to boot. See if you can get it running from there, I have to agree with Proximon it sounds like you might have an underpowored PSU.
October 12, 2008 2:53:29 PM

thanks for the replies...
guess what. i just ran many torture tests and turned out that 1 of the RAM is not working like it should.I tested the memory separately (since i have 2 sticks) using MemTest and S&M, the result said that my comp can't save file (or whatever u called it) to one of the RAM.
Now i'm using just 1 stick of 2048GB.I think it can handle my system and some games..

Oh yeah,actually i got my PSU with the chasis...hehehe...time to do some upgrading!!

500W or 600W or more?
October 12, 2008 2:57:08 PM

ops.. i forgot. Since i've listed my system's specs here, maybe some of u can suggest me which kind of PSU suits me...an example or two can save the day..
October 13, 2008 5:29:50 AM

thanks a lot...
but i'm not in the US neither UK...
but i can find it here also.
!