Mu Pentium D has only 1 core How can i adjust to 2 core ?

beverzone

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
I saw other pentium D computer they have 2 core in task manager
and the benchmarks are faster too.

But in my task manager show only one core of pentium D 2.8.

Anyway to adjust it to 2 core?

1core.jpg

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Open Task Manager, go to the performance tab, then View (at the top), CPU History, and select: One graph per CPU (it is automatically set to One graph for all CPU's).

beverzone

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
I used to enable HyperThreading in the bios. The task manager shows as real 2 core
but when I was using computer it freeze many time so i had to restart windows again and again. :(

Rahbot

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
LOL your CPU-z Shows you have 1 Core?! Something is wrong buddy. It could be the motherboard and the bios Settings or that your Processor is messed up or you might Try Intel's website and download your chipset drivers. I hope your able to fix it.

I still chose AMD for Gaming. Now that ICore 7 is out I think Intel has got a sale from me. Still going to use Nvidia for my GPU's.

beverzone

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
umm I 'm looking through one by one
but I don't see any title about multicore, procressors.
Can you specific the title where it should be ?
I'm using asus p5nd2-sli.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
If you've installed the pentiumD and replaced an older single-core model, you will need to re-install windows. You are currently using the single-thread kernel. Reinstalling windows will allow you to use the multi-processor drivers.

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
When you just installed XP, did you do a complete reformat before installing it again? I've had lots of registry keys and settings stick, even after a reinstallation of windows. It sucked.

beverzone

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
Thanks a lot for all help.
I think there is something wrong with my motherboard that is not match with my cpu.
I looked at in motherboard cpu support list. so sad ...