XFX IS A JOKE/ TERRIBLE SUPPORT -HELP ME!

drotondi

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
Specs=
cpu=qx6850
board=780i xfx
Memory=crucial balistic 1066 pc 8500 2 gb
power= pc power and cooling 750w
video=6600 xfx gt
(The video card is temp build in progress)
hard drve= 300gb velciraptor

Guys,

You have been more supportive then a corperation. Xfx has the worst help desk/support system. my problems are 4E errors. Alot of you guy pointed to the memory. This is a tuff one becuz it works then it does not work.

EXAMPLE: when i come home and turn it on it give me 4e error. When i reset the memory to the board its boots to a 7f code on the board. i go in to bios and then reboot. boots with out issue. when it hit the 7f code it says "please reseat cpu or clear out memory freq/voltage" the timing on my.

also when it does boot and on for awhile, it will not give me the 4e error when i reboot. its werid. when i dont use it for more then 2 hours and then i turn it on it will give me the 4e error. i'm so disapointed in this board. can we please keep this a POSITIVE THREAD no told ya so's please. HELP ME GUYS !!! HELP MEEEEEE...my girlfriend is starting to tell me i should of went with a dell...if she says that agian i might jump off a bridge. also what boards are you guy running with? i want my system to be STABLE!!! thanks fella's always a pleasure. keep it fresh.

FYI i've changed the voltage and timing to the specs from crucial.

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
just to point thing out that intel boards are more stable then NVIDIA chipsets; also NVIDIA chipsets have some issue's

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
do you have any different RAM to test your board with?
i am running the evga 780i and never once had any issue with it going on 9 months now. i would try different RAM if you have it and if not, run one stick at a time to try to isolate the bad stick. some suggest testing using the furthest memory slot from the CPU. never tried it because i never had to. hope that helps.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
XFX has great customer service bro! The best I've ever seen. What did they do to piss you off?

The Crucial Balistix kits are extremely notorious for incompatibilities with ANY nvidia board. See if you can not get some other RAM in it to see what happens.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
good point Raven. it is on their compatability list but people struggle to make it work. a few guys succeed but i call them lucky. for that board i would buy OCZ, Corsair or Patriot. they are a bit fussy

drotondi

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
So what kinda ram do you guy suggest? I will purches it right now. i want to resolve this. Xfx took 7 days to return a response from there "ticket system".

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
the third kit i listed i have and keep laying loose to test systems with. it works on every single thing its ever been put in flawlessly. picked it up at Fry's for 40 bucks LAST January.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
i like the parts. you get the RAM and a nice video card/s you will be a happy camper. i am running the Dominators right now. i like them just fine!

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
good luck drot. hope it works out well for you. install 1 stick, boot up, set the voltage and timings, save changes power down then install stick 2. should be set after that.

drotondi

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2008
Yea, I'm going to do that. DEF i learned my lesson lol. I ripped everything out after a really clean install (lots of wireties)

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
DAMN IT!! I'm sorry I was busy. The dominator series also has compatibility issues with nvidia boards! If you have already ordered them then I can help if you get errors. I had to do it twice when I got dominator kits for really cheap. Lucky, unlike god damn crucial memory, these problems can be fixed... though not easily.

TRENDING THREADS