What does this mean? DX10 requierments for Newer cards?????

What is the DX10 deal on these new GPU's requirements? I have the old Windows XP 32 bit DX9, will I be able to get a new 9800 GX2 or a any newer card with my old OS?

See what I am talking about here under Direct X. Please let me know what that means.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000048&Description=9800%20GX2&name=Desktop%20Graphics%20%2f%20Video%20Cards
4 answers Last reply
More about what mean dx10 requierments newer cards
  1. That just means those cards can support DX10 features and effects. They'll work perfectly fine with your OS.
  2. DX10 is not that big of a improvement over DX9, maybe in a few games but graphically it's nothing that would make a difference in what you use.
  3. You`ll have no problems, DirectX is backwardly compatable version to version. All you`ll miss is the extra features of DX10 if you stay with XP instead of switching to Vista.
    BTW I`m currently replaying the original Unreal (DX5) under DirectX rendering with no problems graphically (although installation wss a different matter) on a HD4870 and XP Home!
  4. Thanks guys for the help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Windows XP Graphics Product