GeForce 9800 GT OC not outputting to my TV?

scott040877

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
Hi, just bought a brand new BFG GeForce 9800 GT OC and I got a S-Video to RCA adapter so that I could Dual-View with my TV (for outputting movies and DVDs).

But, when I try to get the TV to display all I get is a flash or two of the desktop before it goes back to blue? It's like the Video card sees the TV a little, puts the signal out, then stops putting the signal out?

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone got an idea for a solution?

I'm in Canada and I think it's NTSC.

-S

evvsauce

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2008
hey,

it sounds like ive got the same exact issue with mine. it works with my monitor, but when i attach my tv (which i used before the upgrade), i get at best 15 seconds of desktop until a black screen. does anyone know a solution?

kamelkisser

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Well if you using the S-video adapter (the one that has svideo on one side and a red blue and green cable on the other end) then you have to hook it into a tv that will take the RGB setup, This cable IS NOT RCA it is RGB, this is completely different and only newer tvs such as HD tvs will have the hook up.

mazdamini88

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I had the same problem until I found out that I needed a 7 pin s video adapter. The 4 pin adapters dont have a pin for composite video.