Reinstall after HD crash

fcoop

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Dell optima GX 280 Hard Drive crashed. Replaced HD and I can not get windows XP CD to boot.
When I select boot from Internal CD I get message boot device not avaliable. I remember I had to use some Dell CD on the original installation but I am unable to find the CDs . I down loaded the driver CD but they will not work as raw or .ISO files. They do not work on the one GX280 that still works.
Any Ideas?

fcoop

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011

There is no partition on the Hard Drive. There is no OS. I have tried XP two different CDs and get boot device not avalable. I am pretty sure this is a driver issue and there is a cd that I need to load before running the windows install disk. This may be somthing that is optima GX280 related?

fcoop

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011

Yes and when I set it to internal cdrom the cd clicks 3 times and the device not avalable message comes up on screen . F1 to reboot F2 for setup menu.

There is a CD that needs to load basic drivers before you can install on the optima GX280. I need to find some place to get the stupid CD. The original CDs are missing/lost

TRENDING THREADS