tonyn1

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I recently bought an LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray drive to use in my new Windows 7 computer. Since the computer is still new and under warranty, I did not want to open it up to install the drive so I bought a Vantec NST-530SU NexStar DX Enclosure which has an eSATA connection to connect to my computer. When I installed it the first time, it updated the firmware and ran fine and still does. I usually only turn it on when I want to watch a movie and turn if off when I am done. I typically put my computer in hibernation when I am done with it but when I turn the Blu-Ray drive on again my system will not recognize the drive unless I reboot. And when I do, my system re-installs the firmware update each time. This gets to be real annoying, having to reboot and reinstall software anytime I want to use the drive. I thought eSATA devices were hot swappable, so why must I reboot? Anyone know a way around this problem other than leaving the thing running all the time, which I don't want to do because the fan in the enclosure would be running all the time also.

moniteur

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

hello did you find answer about this , because i just buy one on 20111201 and having same problem ?
please reply to moniteur@hotmail.com

have a nice day