Vista Causing trouble with bluetooth keyboard

SUPERCHARGE

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Hey people, I have a problem wich is driving me absolutely nuts!! I have the logitech mx5000 keyboard and and mx1000 mouse. Had them for a while. However, I recently build a PC with 4 Operating systems including, two xp's, vista and linux ubuntu. The problem is that vista has no option NOT to need a passkey to use the keyboard. So EVERYTIME i go into vista, i need to have my keyboard reconnected and a new passkey chosen!!

HUGE annoyance. Right now i'm stuck having to use a wired keyboard as Well as my wireless

I don't have this problem in my XP operating systems as i can select "do not use passkey". This option is available only for my mouse in Vista, but not my keyboard.

What's even worse is that I can't even attempt to use this keyboard before windows is loaded. I often need to go into bios for overclock and hard drive settings, also need it to select which OS i need to head into. And yes, I have LEGACY USB enabled in the bios.

So, questions are, does anyone know why my keyboard isn't supported till i log into windows even with LEGACY USB enabled. And, does anyone know how i can make it so windows Vista doesn't constantly bug me for a damn new passkey?

Thanks!0

mi1ez

Splendid
Try disabling UAC then rebooting and setting the key. Vista might be putting it somewhere silly then forgeting it/deleting it. Can't help on the pre-OS front I'm afraid.

dreadhead

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
I also have that dodgy duo. When I first bought it a few years back the poor drivers gave me no end of hell. Whilst the most recent drivers are a vast improvment, I simply choose not to install the drivers on my Vista 64bit format.

If you uninstall all traces of the setpoint drivers, unplug the dongle and then reseat it, Vista should auto detect the dongle and give you the majority of the funtionality. The only thing that you loose by doing this is the temperature reading on the keyboards lcd, however on the flip side, the keyboard never has a problem being detected, nor seems to require a pass key.