Rockmar

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Hi,

I recently installed a new Solid State Drive into my computer because I wanted it mostly for booting from. When I did this, I just thought that I could install my operating system to it, then delete everything from my old hard disk by formatting it after I had backed it all up. I did all that, but now there have been problems. When I turn on my computer, it asks me what operating system I want to boot, but the two options that it gives me are both Windows 7, and only one of the options works. I think that the computer still thinks that there is a copy of windows 7 on my HDD, but there isn't. I would like it to just boot into windows from my SSD. After seeing this, I thought that I could just go into the BIOS and change the boot order, so I gave the SSD priority over the HDD. Now, when I try and boot, it says "BOOT FROM CD: DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". This does not make any sense to me, and it even tells me this when my Windows 7 Disk is in my disc drive. Any help with getting rid of the multiple OS screen and the Disk boot failure message would be appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS